Tuesday, March 20, 2007

still handquilting


My trip to MN is in a week and a half. That is also my self-imposed deadline to finish this quilt.
I am anxious to see if I can accomplish this goal or not. I am exactly half done with the quilting at this point. And then I need to decide what fabric to use for the binding. Did I mention that this quilt is huge? On a side note, I have pared down my expectations for myself. I was originally going to try to finish this quilt along with two others to hand deliver on my trip to MN...yeah, what was I thinking?

I also have to figure out what to wear to my cousin's wedding, which will no doubt entail some shopping...and I need to decide what 3 of the other 4 people that live in my household will wear. Oh, it's going to be fun around here in the next week or so....plus packing.
I guess I 'd better get busy!

9 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy. Good luck!

Roxanne said...

The quilt is gorgeous! Try to go easy on yourself okay! Preparing, packing and traveling with three kids is very stressful!

Anina said...

Oh, wow, good luck with all that. I had a project like this earlier this year and wasn't sure whether I'd finish, so I timed myself on a section and then multiplied this by the amount of quilting I had left to see if I'd finish in time. I do have a little bit of an OCD tendency...
Anyway, good luck with all of this!
~A

Holly said...

What a beautiful quilt! I especially love the border. It really gives great definition to the whole quilt. Best of luck on your trip preparations!

Linda said...

Good luck getting all that done! I think I'd go nuts trying to get all of that done and manage a household, too! As far as purses for my nieces go, don't worry about them for now. I have to talk to my sister yet about it and see if she thinks they'd like them or not. Picky teenagers, you know. I emailed her, but that doesn't mean much. I don't think she checks it very often. I'll call her sometime later this week if I don't hear from her. Alli's birthday isn't until the end of May anyway, so there's time. I'll pay for the shipping.
OHHH, I just realized that that means I have a week and a half to get my house in ship shape before you come here and see what a mess I REALLY am! LOL JK We do hope that we will have the chance to see you this time around, but we also understand that it is hard to see everyone that you want to in one trip. Crossing my fingers!

Aside from that, Erin's mom's quilt is turning out gorgeous! She is going to love it!

Just pace yourself and do what you can and don't drive yourself nuts trying to do too much!

beki said...

Whew, I'm tired just thinking about all that! Good luck getting it all done :)

becki said...

That is so awesome! I just love your work and your ability to actually get some stuff accomplished...you should send some of that my way..I need a push!!

Natasha said...

Oh your quilts are beautiful!!

I found you via my comments and so glad you visited because I love your blog and will be back!!

Rose Marie said...

Oh ... it's lovely! Thanks for sending me your email about this post.