Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I finished the quilt!!!


Now, as a disclaimer, I will tell you that I did less quilting than originally planned.
But it's done.
I am ecstatic!
[I am amazed, again, at how much binding completes and changes the look of the quilt]

For those of you who don't know, this is my friend's mom's quilt that has been a work in progress for more than 40 years...possibly 60 or more? The top was pieced and the borders were pieced (all by hand) and I assembled the top into one piece. It is all hand quilted. I am pleased to have this WIP off my list...and I am looking forward to giving it back to Judy, complete.

8 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wow! Congratulations!! What a neat thing to get to work on. I'm sure your friend's mom will love it and really appreciate it. Great Job!

Mama Urchin said...

You must feel wonderful being the end to that quilt's story.

Anina said...

Yay!!!! Yes, binding is an amazing "finisher-offer". I wish I could get that silly log cabin to this point.

Linda said...

It is soo gorgeous! Erin and Judy will love it! What a special project for some very special people! Tell Erin "Hi" for me!

Amy Jo said...

It looks great!!! Yipee!!! You've got to be so excited that its done!!

sulu-design said...

A WIP for decades... complete! Congratulations. Your friend will be thrilled.

Clair said...

Good for you. Don't deadlines help?

Rose Marie said...

I agree with you ... a binding just finishes a quilt ... great job on working on an 'antique'. If you still have the quilt, can we see the whole quilt so we can drool some more?