Friday, March 09, 2007

log cabin scrap quilt

Well, I finished another quilt, and I think this is my favorite so far.
The colored blocks are made almost entirely out of scraps.
Thanks to Clair, Amy, and Taia for contributing their scraps.
The pieced backing with surprisingly few puckers.
This did require some quality time with my seam ripper.
Detail of the quilting.
The binding is pieced using 6 different solids to complete the scrappy look.
Inspiration came from this quilt and this quilt.
I am so pleased with how this turned out.

12 comments:

Anina said...

I love this quilt. I've been trying to think what I can do with my stash fabrics in order to "get rid" of them in order to be able to buy new ones (wink, wink) and this is a GREAT idea for that.

Roxanne said...

This is so beautiful! I can't believe its made from scraps! I now have a huge box under my cutting table collecting scraps for you! If something this wonderful can be made from them, I'm afraid I'll never throw anything away ever again!! Great work!

Amy Jo said...

It turned out GREAT!! Love the different colored binding! And the back came out beautiful!

Linda said...

Love it! The colors are great, so springy! I might have to give this a try one day, but I have wayyy too much on my plate right now! Just gorgeous!

Mama Urchin said...

It looks great and I love the colors. So what do you do with all of your quilts?

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, you should be pleased - it is gorgeous! Hi, I'm Nicole.

Clair said...

I love it because the squares contrast with the white so well. Good job.

Dawn said...

Love the quilt!!!
It's GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I love the colors and the white background.

Anonymous said...

love the white & pastel combination - really beautiful!!

Karrel said...

So pretty, the white just makes it look so soft. Great job!

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful in every way. This is the type of quilt I envisage that one day I will make as a memory quilt out of the fabric that I am keeping from my children's clothes my mother is making for them now.