Friday, March 23, 2007

before and after


I picked up this chair several years ago at Savers for a couple of bucks. It moved with us to Michigan 2.5 years ago. Nothing had been done with the chair, and my husband had threatened to use it for our campfire one time last summer. So, I figured that I better do something with it before it was too late.

It's amazing what some white paint and a little patchwork seat cover will do for an old chair.

Here is where I usually sit and blog.
This chair will get lots of use. :)
(sorry for the poor photos. it's been rainy and cloudy here.)

10 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

very nice, is that an old school desk you use?

Amanda Jean said...

yes, it is an old school desk. (also purchased at savers for a few dollars.) and I painted it white also.

Amy Jo said...

It looks great! Sorry I didn't get to see it in person yesterday. It's awesome!

Roxanne said...

What a transformation! I love doing stuff like this. I've got a few chairs taking up space in my garage that I need to overhaul. I'm really waiting for some nice weather so I can do it outside.

Anina said...

It looks great!

sulu-design said...

The chair looks great, and I love it with the school desk. Great thrifty reuse of well-made old items!

Linda said...

Looks great! I need to overhaul a chair or two, too. I have some old ones, but I really would like a different style than the ones I have (of course, never satisfied!). Maybe I need to go to Saver's, too! LOL

becki said...

Oh I just love that!! I always wanted to do something like that!! My mom just gave me a rocking chair which she will paint white for me. I think maybe a cute little patchwork paded seat would look great! Thanks for sharing..you got my gears turning!

Clair said...

I like the chair.

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job - it looks fantastic!