Thursday, April 12, 2007

more denyse schmidt inspiration

I am still working on projects from this book.
{In fact, that may be all you see in the next several days. Consider yourself forewarned.}

Some fabric cards.


And a few new vinyl zipper pouches.

{I love the tape measure tabs!!!}

I think my vinyl sewing has come to an end, at least for the time being. I have used up all my thrifted zippers that match the brown and turquoise color scheme. And I am trying really, really hard to use what I have, since we may possibly have an impending relocation. It's not easy! {The possiblilty of relocating or using what I have. ;)}

My husband has a job interview tomorrow in Wisconsin. In one of our hundred or more conversations about moving, my husband had asked me "do you really want a license plate that says America's Dairyland?" Because that's really the important stuff to consider...

9 comments:

Mama Urchin said...

I really like the pop the little bit of measuring tape adds.

Anina said...

I put that book on hold at the library yesterday, so soon you'll probably be seeing these projects on my blog too...
I love them!

Anonymous said...

...and you said, "That wouldn't bother me. I grew up on a dairy farm." At least that's how I'd write it.
A better question might be, "Do you really want to move again?" Seems like that would be the hard part.
If you do, I'm hoping you remain in the Midwest, for selfish reasons. You'll need to come visit your new niece/nephew (preferrably a few times) before the little one may be ready to travel.

Roxanne said...

Wow, the suspense would kill me!! America's Dairyland...I don't know, a land of endless cheese can't be too bad, right!! :) Love the fabric cards! The measuring tape tabs are the perfect touch, of course! I bet all that vinyl really does a number on your sewing machine needle!!

syko kajsa said...

I love your vinyl pouches! I smiled when I read about your husband's comment, that is exactly the kind of argument my partner would come up with!

Linda said...

Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy! Tell Kevin we will be thinking about him tomorrow! Hopefully you will be able to settle this issue soon and have peace with the decision you make.

sulu-design said...

Oh, what pouch love you've created in me! The measuring tape is a great little touch. And about the Wisconsin license plate - who doesn't love cheese? It sounds like a great motto to me!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found your blog. Cute measuring tape tabs. :-)

We're living in Wisconsin temporarily and have been pleased with what a nice place it is to live. So, license plates aside, it wouldn't be a bad move. Plus, it would get you on the less snowy side of the lake!

Good luck!

Clair said...

Like your cards. Nice, bright, and springy.