Wednesday, April 18, 2007

books

I hear that it is national library week.

In honor of that, I thought I share what my library book stack looks like currently.

(just for the record, there are 55 books in that stack)

I hope one of the kids doesn't run by and accidently knock it over, or we could have a serious injury on our hands.

I am currently reading:

The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini (I am really enjoying this one, I was skeptical)

The Pact by Jodi Picoult (having a hard time since it is a heavy read, but trying to perservere)

Home to Harmony by Philip Gulley (for the second time, at least)

Rachel Ray 30 Minute Get Real Meals (I have tried 2 new recipes from here and they were surprisingly good and not too fussy to make)

AlterKNITS and One Skein both by Leigh Radford (the photography and inspiration in these books are so fantastic!)

What are you reading?

10 comments:

lera said...

That's some stack of books! Oh my. 55??

(Our small library branch doesn't have a wide variety, unfortunately. I usually have to order them from our branches.)

Anina said...

Well...
I'm reading:
A trashy paperback my husband bought for $1 (good bedtime reading),
Freedom - A history of US by Joy Hakim (trying to improve my knowledge of US history),
and all my recipe books (I want to make copies of all the recipes I've made and liked, so I can have them in a central place and actually find them again...)

Roxanne said...

Yikes, that is some stack of reading you've got there! Unfortunately all I've been reading lately is the back of the carpet cleaning spray. Sydney was up all night puking. Isn't motherhood grand!!

Mama Urchin said...

Umm, that's a big stack. right now I am reading Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin and 1968 by Mark Kurlansky. I have Knitting Without Tears and The knitter's handy book of Patterns from the library.

Erin said...

Ooh those books look great. I wish I could see all the titles in that pile. I love to read and I am so interested in seeing what other people are reading. I am waiting to pick up a copy of My sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I placed a hold a few weeks ago. Looks good, but heavy. At present I am reading a few books which are posted on the side bar of my blog. I just picked up a copy of "water" by Bapsi Sidhwa. Thanks for posting this. I am always on the look out for new and good books to read.

LeeAnn said...

You are the highest ranking library queen I know. Does the library make you put a deposit down when you have that many books out?

I am currently reading: The spirit catches you and you fall down. By Anne Cultures

Thanks for stopping my blog!

Sarah and Jack said...

Wow. That is a huge pile of books. My most favorite cookbook has become Rachel Ray's 365. I use that book at least 3 times a week.

sulu-design said...

How the heck do you keep track of all of those due dates?!? I'm reading The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass right now, trying to catch up on those books that I should have but never did read.

Clair said...

What's the Rhyme Bible about? Good going to have 55 books.

Clair said...

I am still on Letters of E.B. White. That is a long one.