Tuesday, June 05, 2007

off the wagon


Since I failed not starting another project, I have also failed on my stash busting attempts. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anymore fabric before I moved unless I needed it for a project. Well, JoAnn's was having a sale on solid fabrics, and I had a premeditated setback. I have been under an incredible amount of stress, and I have been working so hard-on both my sewing job and my house projects-so I decided to treat myself. I am sure you can't tell, but I restrained myself a little bit. So, Susan, you aren't the only one to fall of the stash busting wagon. Do you feel better now? (You see, it is very important to me to support my blog friends. hee hee hee.)

On another note: this little guy was out in our backyard last night.
Have you seen anything cuter? He was all wobbly legged and barely walking straight.

Here is another photo with the sand box, just to give you some perspective on the size of this little one. He couldn't have been more than a day or two old and maybe a foot tall, if that. My husband took these photos off of our deck.

He was soooo cute.
This is exactly why I will miss living here.

12 comments:

Amy Jo said...

beautiful fabric and beautiful fawn! can't wait to see what you're going to make with that!

Anina said...

Where was his mommy? He's brand new!

Anonymous said...

holy moly, it's bambi! My kids would have just gone crazy :) I hope it made it back to it's mummy.

We all need more friends like you who support us in our stash busting ways :)

Mama Urchin said...

I've seen a few deer with spots still and they are darling. And there's a solid sale at Joann's? Gotta get over there!

Anonymous said...

I have given up on telling myself that i won't buy anymore fabric! Lucky for me, Joannes is an hour away so it isn't much of a temptation unless i am in a mood to take a drive!

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog! (The style of your quilting is so lovely!!) Then there is the stash "issue" that I can definitely identify with--and I'm going to a new quilt store with a new friend tonight. Oy!

Linda said...

The little fawn is so cute! I hope momma wasn't far away! Good luck with your "new" project, the block swap quilt! You should be getting your blocks soon, I mailed them last Tuesday.

sulu-design said...

I laughed out loud as soon as I saw that photo - I knew where this post was headed! Glad that we're all supporting one another's addictions.

Anonymous said...

i can't stop buying fabric either. it looks like i am in good company!

Roxanne said...

Oh, trust me. I am so with you! I've been trying hard to use stuff up, but instead I've just been stocking up!! What a cute little bambi!!

lera said...

yes, i noticed the solid fabric sale today at joann. i try not to buy any more fabric, but i can't help myself.

(and cute deer)

Heidijayhawk said...

i find that a fabric diet works far better than a fabric fast. keeps the binges under control. but who cares about binges when there are sales to be had!!! and the fawn...no words!