Saturday, June 09, 2007

big week


My son graduated from Kindergarten on Thursday. (I cried.) He got the positive attitude award for his class. He had a great first year of school. The poor kid was heartbroken that he had to say good bye to his wonderful little school and his friends.

My husband had his last day at work on Thursday. We went out for supper to celebrate the end of school and work and the beginning of a new job.

Our baby kitties are a week old. They have been a delight. There are 6 of them. (One was born about 10 hours after the rest.) The little orange one has his eyes open already. My friend and neighbor Rhonda is taking the whole lot of them. Have I mentioned that she is a great friend?

My son learned to ride his bike without training wheels on Friday.

The boys and I picked wild strawberries. Delicious.

Today was spent preparing for my hubby to leave for Wisconsin. (He leaves bright and early tomorrow morning.) Some of the fun things we got to do: lots of packing, laundry, repairs on the vehicles, oil changes, running errands and making the most of our last day together.

I am making slow progress on the bright quilt that I need to have done in a week. The sewing machine is set up on the dining room table so I can sew and be in the midst of all the action. I have gotten a little bit of grief from my husband for the traveling sewing machine. (Last week it was set up in the garage.)

Tonight it's popcorn and movie night. Tomorrow starts the single parent 3 week adventure. Wish me luck. I am not sure I'm up for this.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, that is a HUGE week!
good luck - i don't envy you the next three weeks! :(

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I'm tired just reading about it. I'll be thinking of you for the next three weeks - I do quite a bit of that myself :)

Sarah and Jack said...

Single parenting is hard work, but, it also has it's perks! You can eat easy mac every night for dinner and you can lie in bed and read magazines after the kids go to bed!
The positive attitude award is such a nice compliment.

lera said...

Busy, busy week.

Congratulations to the little graduate.

Good luck while hubby is away. Hopefully it will fly by (and you will stay well).

Mama Urchin said...

Three weeks is a long time. I will say my house seems to stay much neater when my hubby is gone.

Roxanne said...

Holy Cow!! Mr. Z is a kindergarten grad...where does the time go? I'll keep the prayers heading your direction for the next three weeks! I'm with Sarah - mac & cheese or pizza every night! You can tell the kids you're eating the same thing as daddy!! (That's all my hubby would eat if he was by himself anyway!) Take care okay. And don't be afraid to have really whiny pitty party posts - you deserve them!! :)

sulu-design said...

Wow. My jaw is still hanging. I can't believe everything that you had jammed into this week! Congratulations to your adorable little boy. I hope he adjusts well to the move. I wish you luck and patience while you're manning the fort on your own. Do you have enough chocolate on hand?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great week to me! Change is always hard, but in the end it's always good. My husband was gone for 4 weeks (out of the country) on business a few years ago + man was it be tough...but everyone's right, you don't have to cook really, (I actually lost five pounds!) cleaning and laundry is less. Plus, it makes you appreciate each other more :) Wishing you good luck!

Anina said...

Good luck with all that. And everyone's right - not having to cook and clean really makes things a whole lot easier. And not having a husband for a couple of weeks makes you really appreciate him more.

Linda said...

Wow! You did have a big week! Z looks so handsome in his little cap and gown! Tell him we are very proud of him for graduating and getting an award and learning to ride his bike. He is growing up so fast!

I'll be thinking about you the next few weeks while Kevin is gone. I know you don't like that sort of time apart much. Hopefully the kids cooperate and the time will pass quickly and smoothly for you.

Let us see the bright quilt when it is done!

Clair said...

Cute kindergarten graduate. Fun picture of the kittens.