Monday, April 16, 2007

lots of fabric (in pictures)

The past few days I have been devoting my time to organizing my craft room. I've worked several days and still am not finished.

I spent the entire afternoon on Saturday (and well into the evening, if the truth be told) folding my cotton fabric stash...

...all the while berating myself for heaping and hording and not just using what I have....


...finding fabrics that haven't seen the light of day for ages, but they aren't quite vintage yet...

...and these are my flat folds (at least 2 yards)...

....my newly fattened scrap stash (thanks to Roxanne's sister Becky)....

....all color coordinated.

My baskets literally runneth over.

Now, before I give you the false impression that I have it all together (which I definitely do not), I have to show you this picture....

I still have some work ahead of me.

now, just for fun, here is the prettiest load of laundry that I have ever washed in my life. (and I have washed a good plenty, mind you)

(a new doll quilt I finished over the weekend for little A)

The sun is shining and it looks like spring may actually visit Michigan this year after all.
I can hardly believe it, but I am so excited.

16 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wow! First off, I love the doll quilt! I've seen these popping up all over the place out here. I'm trying really hard not to get sucked in....but I don't know how much longer I can hold out!! :)

Second - Holy fabric stash Batman...I want to come play at your house!! It looks so pretty all folded and color coded. Doesn't it just make you want to create to see it all like that?

Happy Spring! I think it might just happen here too.

beki said...

Oh my goodness, I am impressed, super impressed! I suppose one day I'll have to do some stash organizing/folding.

*love* the quilts, so pretty :-)

Mama Urchin said...

See, laundry like that would get done at my house.

Anina said...

Will you please come to my craft room and organize it? I keep saying to myself that I won't start another project until I have this place organized, but...

Linda said...

Good work!
Hmm.. eyeing up that stash of mine and thinking about organinzing by color....

syko kajsa said...

Good work! I'm sure you will use what you have now! Those pretty piles look so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Talk about organizing. Necklaces, shmecklaces! ;) I totally believe how long it took to fold all that fabric because I spent three hours one evening doing just that. (And I still have some to do.)

Anyway, I love the quilts! So cheerful. :)

lera said...

Wow! Love all the nicely folded fabric. It looks great.

The doll quilt is amazing. You did a lovely job.

CONNIE W said...

Your stacks of folded fabric look perfect. If mine were only that neat. :)

sulu-design said...

The anal retentive side of me is LOVING those stacks! So perfect! And all of the quilts look fabulous - that doll quilt is so sweet.

Erin said...

Had to check out this fabric stash that Sulu-design posted about. Oh my... all I can say is those stacks of neatly folded fabric make me so giddy with excitement. They look so pretty like that I would be scared to use them. :o)

julie said...

your fabric piles look so delicious all stacked up - lovely colours!
And your quilts..:)

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

You may not be completely organized, but it looks like you are well on your way! Pictures that people post of their massive fabric collections, folded so neatly, always make me a bit envious, they look so lovely - I just want to run my hands over them.

Sarah and Jack said...

I am in love with that pastel quilt.

Natasha said...

You may have outdid yourself on this post!! The quilts are beautiful, the pinwheels and the logcabin are amazing. I love the quilting on the one of squares. Do you do your own quilting?

Then the fabric all sitting so pretty and patient! WOW

I hardly even noticed the picture of work yet to do!!

Clair said...

Well...do you need any more fabric? I could have gotten you a bunch more scraps at quilt club for a small amount but didn't know if you needed them.