Monday, June 04, 2007

planning a quilt


I told myself that I wasn't going to start another quilt project while we were in the midst of our transition/moving, but I have a two week deadline to make a graduation quilt for a friend of ours. I am going to be using my blocks from Linda's quilt block swap, which I made back in March, so it isn't a new project, technically. It's amazing how I can rationalize.

So today I was reading up on setting quilt blocks on point. I haven't tried this technique in my 7 years of quilting, but it is on my list of quilt goals this year. It involves a lot of math. Pleah.

These are the bright fabrics that I pulled out of my stash.

And it just happens to match my outfit for today.
The exact word my husband used to describe my clothing choices for today, I believe, was "oy-eeesh". I must have been feeling sassy when I picked them out. I usually don't dress this loud.

13 comments:

Anina said...

Very sassy! I'd like to try on point one day too, but it seems intimidating. You go ahead and I'll learn from your mistakes. :o)
I got a hubby reaction to my outfit this morning too, except mine was a very long pause while he was thinking of the right thing to say without upsetting the cart.

Anonymous said...

I like your outfit :)
And I like your way of rationalizing, I mean, thinking!

Mama Urchin said...

On point, very scary, although I'm certain you'll be able to handle it.

Sarah and Jack said...

I think my husband might lose an eye if said anything about my clothes. LOL

Amy Jo said...

Love the color choices. I can't wait to see it!

sulu-design said...

Oh, my! You are no joke! May the force be with you on this one. And the color combination of your outfit today? Love it!

lera said...

The colors of the fabric are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the quilt when it's finished.

beki said...

Love your bright, happy colors! Those are the colors that I'm drawn to. I am in the planning stage of making a patchwork beach blanket, all bright, happy colors as well.

Anonymous said...

good luck with all that math! i like the bright colors for the quilt and on you.

Roxanne said...

Look bright and springy and beautiful to me! Good luck! I have no idea what setting blocks on point is, but if there is a lot of math involved I'm pretty sure its not for me!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're looking skinny these days.

Maybe you inherited your color matching eye from your mom. She used to do some unique combinations too (in polyester, of course).

mary jane said...

Love your outfit!

Annie Crow said...

Yes, my husband also has something against my wearing warm colors together, I don't know why. Since he usually has great taste in my clothing I am inclined to listen to him. I like your outfit, of course.