Friday, February 29, 2008

7 random things + fabulous gifts in the mail

I have been tagged several times now for the 7 random things meme. (I LOVE to read other people's lists. It's much more fun than writing my own.)

1. I am left handed.

2. I bake nearly all of my own bread (with the help of my bread machine).


organizer pouch from Sarah P.


3. I worry about nonsense things like: what will I do when I fill up my quilt cupboard?

My husband also teases me about worrying about paint coming off the walls.

4. I have become quite the homebody. I like to think that I am adapting very well to my current situation of being a stay at home mom. :)


bracelet from Katie.

5. I have made about 60 quilts baby size or larger. This summer will mark 8 years of quilting for me. Many thanks to Nancy for teaching me.

"Dot" from Linda, for my 5 year old.

6. I have reoccurring dreams that I am a runner and that I enjoy it. I'm not sure what that means. I think running is torture, so I admire those who do run. (susan, erin) I also have reoccurring dreams that I am a smoker. (I am not.) I don't get that one either.

Mitts from Carolyn, made just for me!!!

7. I have not had a blogger meet up yet. I tried meeting up with Carolyn a few times, but it hasn't worked out. I know several bloggers in real life though.

(oh, my, that was difficult.)

Care to join in? I am not going to tag anyone specifically.

Thanks, ladies, for all the wonderful mail!

---------

I am planning on working on this this weekend. I am sure my husband will be thrilled. ha!

23 comments:

Clair said...

Like the mitts...A quiltathon...hmmm... by the way, you are one of the winners on my giveaway.

Amy Jo said...

Great mail goodies - and I love the 7 Random things! Always enjoy those!

Heather said...

Wow! I'm astonished by your blog! Your quilts are amazing. I LOVE quilting but I just can't find the time to do it. Seriously, how do you do it?

Philigry said...

amandajean,
so nice to learn more about you! I think we are a lot alike:)

Julie said...

amandajean
I love your quilt cupboard
very cute.
julie

house on hill road said...

ha! i am not a runner! i am a pseudo-runner. i really have never enjoyed it that much, but i wanted to give myself a physical challenge that i thought was do-able. so, now, maybe i like it a bit more. but i have a long way to go until april 26th.

Sarah said...

I dream a lot that I'm smoking, so weird. I'm also not a smoker, hadn't smoked a thing in my whole life until one cigar in my early 20's and haven't smoked since...

Can't wait to see the results of your quiltathon!

Susan J Barker said...

your blog has become a habit! I dream about smoking too, though I was a smoker years back and I dream about skating and flying, I used to skate when I was a kid but I have never flown outside of an airplane...

I like the mitts.

Heather said...

When I can sleep, I dream the most vivid dreams.I always know when my husband's old college buddy will call because I dream of him a few nights before. Never fails. Weird. I wish I dreamt of George Clooney and he would call...
Great reading more about you! Love the blog, too.

Rebekah said...

loving the quilt cupboard!

and, whoa! 60 quilts! I've got to get going again with some quilting...

Marcia said...

My husband always teases me about how I love to worry! He makes me laugh at myself. You should be expecting a package from me this week too. Thanks again for leading us through that quilt.

Lissa Jane said...

AJ
if your quilt cupboard fills up, I guess you'll have to just send some to me.. I love 30's quilts, but I am happy to adopt orphans!
I love your MEME's too..


Lissapoo

The Calico Cat said...

I am quilt-a-thoning too!

Autum said...

#1- me too.
#3- just get another cupboard : )
#5- WOW!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Mama Urchin said...

Hee Hee - I thought everyday in your life was a quilt-a-thon.

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

such good mail!
Love the photo of all those quilts!
Just beautiful.

Linda said...

Glad you like Dot. I'll say it again... you get more good mail than anyone I know, LOL. Have fun this weekend with the quiltathlon. I am thinking about joining in for part of the time, since my weekends are usually for sewing anyway. One time when she has one we should get together and work on projects at one or the others of our houses! Maybe when the weather gets nicer I can talk J into a trip to WI. (Or you are always welcome here, too)

sulu-design said...

See... tags are tough! I love your mix of the list and the photos of gifts - very clever.
And like Erin, I'm going to call myself a pseudo-runner, although I really do enjoy it. I have it in my head that to be a real runner, one must have a certain look, a particular body shape. One would never look at me and accuse me of being a runner!
Your quilt cabinet, by the way, is wonderful. I'd love to see it filled to the top one day.

Katherine said...

I loved reading your list of 7 random things. Plus you've received some lovely gifts. I don't think you should worry about filling your quilt cupboard - there's so many of us that would happily give you our addresses so you could send any of your quilts to a new home if you get too crowded ;o)

Anonymous said...

there are some beautiful quilts in that cupboard!! :)

someday our meetup will happen!!!

lera said...

Oh my gosh! I was running in my dream last night!!!! It was so odd! And I really hope it's not a recurring dream. lol

Chara Michele said...

Love those mitts! It was fun to read your 7 random things :)

Shannon said...

I love reading random facts about bloggers. Helps us all get to know each other. I have become quite the homebody as well. I think it is cool that people actually meet by blogging.

Awesome gifties. What a lucky lady!