This quilt was my last finish for 2016. I finished it about 2 in the afternoon on Saturday, then I took my boys to the park where they were gracious enough to hold the quilt. They had a game of Frisbee going on the side, which helped their attitudes a lot. (Hurray for that!)
This quilt is made up primarily from scraps. The white fabric is Kona Snow. I love the warm colors, the fact that I was able to use brown successfully, and work in some pink and green, too. I pushed myself in the colors/combinations that I used, and I'm so glad that I did.
The binding is a funky plaid by Denyse Schmidt for JoAnns from 2013. (Yikes, that's getting old, already!) It's the only print used in the entire quilt, but I love how the plaid ties everything together!
The backing is made up of a solid green, which I originally pieced without any linen. I had the backing taped to the floor and everything when I decided the back needed to be larger. (I knew that in the beginning, but I was hoping to squeak by.) I should have added the linen strip in the first place! Anyway, I'm glad I took the time to fix it. The quilting is organic, to be sure, but I think it compliments the wonky blocks in the front.
The quilt measures 50" x 66". It's scrap project #191! I think this is another quilt that shows that simple is good!