Wednesday, January 18, 2017

WIP Wednesday-All Sizes

I've been working on this quilt for a little over a month now. Slow and steady is key when you are making so many triangles! The pattern is called All Sizes, which is in my new book, No Scrap Left Behind. (I don't know the exact release date yet, but it's sometime next month. I'm starting to get excited about it! Still plenty nervous...)

It may seem odd to show a WIP of the alternate quilt before I show the original, but I thought that would be kind of fun, actually! This quilt has triangles that finish in 5 different sizes. I've nick-named this version "the bruiser quilt", because of the black and blue color scheme. Hahaha!

Only 137 half-square triangles to go....that's pretty exciting!

Here's a peek at the original quilt, which is quite a bit more colorful and what you would expect of out of me, right? :) The tiny triangles shown finish at 1 1/2"! They are definitely squeal-worthy. Time consuming, but oh-so-cute!

I can't wait to finish up the bruiser quilt and show them side by side! I love exploring the many possibilities within one pattern.

17 comments:

Jayne Honnold said...

This is totally awesome! You go, girl!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I am such a sucker for HSTs. I love that you can share some "sneak peeks" of your work for the book and hope that you continue to feel more excited and less nervous. :)

Leanne Parsons said...

Absolutely beautiful! I was making 1 1/2" HSTs last night :) Somehow they're so much cuter when they're that small! I can't wait to see more of your book.

Melissa Corry said...

Wow!!! That is some amazing HST Goodness!!!

AmyScrapSpot said...

Great looking HST!
I love all of the fun colors in the original quilt! Your bruiser will be awesome!!

Suzanne said...

It's so fun to see the scale change on the HSTs.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay a New Book!!! ( oh and Yay Half square progress) but YAY the book!!!

Di~ said...

Looks good to me, I'm just along for the ride!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Such precision with all those points. What beautiful work! And congratulations on the book.

Robby said...

Well, I'm excited about your new book. I found Sunday Morning Quilts only a year or so ago when I returned to quilting. Looking forward to your latest work.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the HST quilt and your new book is on my lis of "books to buy".

Teresa Palmer said...

Oh, I love it! I can't wait to get your book.

Unknown said...

I love half square triangles!!!!

Celtic Thistle said...

I made your Up,up and away quilt in Sunday Morning Quilts and loved it, so this will definitely be on my shopping list when it comes out :)

pennylanequilts said...

All those tiny HSTs are mind boggling! I am so looking forward to the release of your new book.

Tracybug Creative said...

It looks GREAT! I'm totally off to order the book!!

Unknown said...

Amazing get, love the changing triangle sizes , mind boggling - congratulations on the new book.