Thursday, January 19, 2017

plenty of pincushions, volume 2

I'm excited to announce that I've finally completed my pattern for Plenty of Pincushions, Volume 2! This pattern comes with instructions for all 5 of the pincushions shown above. The sewing machine (top right) and courthouse steps (middle right) are paper pieced and the pattern assumes that you have paper piecing skills. The rest are pieced with regular old 1/4" seams. I had a lot of fun making these and I hope that you do, too!
I know I'm not supposed to pick, but the sewing machine one has to be my favorite! I have more plans for this little block...

Plenty of Pincushions, Volume 2 is available for purchase here, if you are interested. And if that isn't enough, Plenty of Pincushions, Volume 1 is here. (No pressure whatsoever!)

Here are a few more pincushions I made for fun.....I made 15 total in a week's time. That was a little crazy, but I'm sure no one is surprised! Ha!
I pieced these log cabin pincushions from the scrap bins. They are filled with poly fiberfill, because they are on the larger side. I love them all. :)
Most of these are what I call "uneven 9 patches". They are very simple blocks, but I love how some of these look like crosses in the middle. More scraps used here, even some feed sacks! These are all filled with crushed walnut shells.
Most of this group were made to test the new patterns or to try out variations. These are also filled with crushed walnut shells.

I had an awful lot of fun with all of these, can you tell?

14 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh, these look wonderful! The sewing machine is my favourite, too!
I would never have thought of crushed walnut shells to fill anything. But it sounds awesome!

Hugs,
Sabrina

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks to YOU, I've been on a bit of a pin cushion kick lately, too. These new ones are just the inspiration I needed for yet ANOTHER batch!!

claudia said...

They're so cute! Next month I will be able to purchase the patterns! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Lots of lovely pin cushions you have there Amanda.

mangozz said...

What a beautiful selection of pincushions! I really like the red and white one. You have such nice scraps.

Schulz Family said...

absolutely gorgeous

Di~ said...

Love, Love, Love, Love, Love, Love, wait do I need to type that 15 times???

Karen said...

I was hoping you would offer the spool with the sewing machine. Is the spool coming in the next pattern?

Suzanne said...

I really enjoyed making my pincushion. It was the perfect kind of gratification for a limited amount of free time. I can't wait to see what you do with your favorite.

Maybe sometime you could explain what you mean by an uneven 9 patch. I think I understand but I'm not quite sure.

Rene' said...

I love your pincushions Amanda Jean!!! So much variety here...I can't wait to get stitching! I think the sewing machine might be the one to start with ;-)))

Bernie Kringel said...

Amanda, these are adorable. I also think the sewing machine is my favorite. It is adorable. Love your creativity. Always feel so inspired when I stop by your blog. :-)

Verena said...

Absolutely adorable! I always admired your pincushions- very tempted to get both patterns and go on a pincushion-spree myself! Just need to find some time...

Dyann said...

LOVE ALL of your pincushions!!!! Thank you for making the patterns available to us!

Unknown said...

Can see the fun you had making these , love the pink and white one ☺