Friday, November 16, 2007

don't worry...I still quilt


It seems as if I am on a purse making frenzy, but I am really not. They are just so much quicker to start and finish than a quilt. So that's why I whip one out every few days...just to have something to blog about. (I wish I were only half kidding!)

This is a purse pattern that I drafted. The final one was here. So this is the final final draft. I love how it turned out. Having beautiful fabric in paisley and stripes helps a lot too. It is lined with interfacing (which I dislike) so the next time I try this purse most of the pieces will be quilted. And I plan to make one exactly like this one for me. (That is my friend in the photo...and it is her purse. She bought the fabric...isn't it perfect?)
------------
It is my dear friend Amy Jo's birthday today, so if you have a minute why don't you stop over to her blog and wish her a happy birthday? I know she would appreciate it. :)

17 comments:

Pat said...

I love the purse. The fabrics are beautiful. I hope that your friend enjoys it.

dot said...

Very nice purse. I like the fabrics and the color choice.

Anonymous said...

Love the purse and the fabrics. So professional and beautiful! Your friend must love you :)

have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Cute purse!

Anina said...

More paisley! Love it.

Karyn said...

I love the purse! Now I'm thinking I need a new one! Maybe tomorrow :)

Roxanne said...

I love the fabric combo! You had me wondering where the blonde hair came from for a minute there!! I thought maybe Wisconsin had gotten to you already!! ;)

Thimbleanna said...

Great purse -- I love the fabrics!

lera said...

That is ultra cute.

Katherine said...

Great fabrics and lovely design! I'm always happy to see what you sew - purses, quilts and whatever else your heart chooses. You make such beautiful things.

Oiyi said...

Love your bag design. It's a great shape.

Anonymous said...

Cute purse!

Allison

sulu-design said...

My goodness, woman! You whip one out every few days?!? Where is your cape? You have superhuman powers!

Patch said...

i seem to be making cushion covers at the moment rather than quilts - as long as i'm sewing something i'm happy.

Marcia said...

Love the bag! The wider strap looks like it hugs the shoulder and would stay up there better. I've been a huge knitter, but love the instant gratification of sewing. Thanks for sharing

a friend to knit with said...

mouth hanging open!
you rock!!! i love that bag!!!

Chara Michele said...

What a cute purse! Love the pattern you made! (Sometimes I make things just so I have something to blog about too:)