Wednesday, May 24, 2017

WIP Wednesday--moody and focus

I've been recovering from quilt market by spending some couch time hand stitching on my focus blocks. (Templates are available here.) It's been gloomy and cold here, too, so that's about all I want to do! Thank goodness for cute fabric and time to recharge (at least a little bit!) before the kids are done with school for the year. Only 1 more school day left!
I decided to pin up all the focus blocks that I have finished on the design wall. I needed to see what fabrics I have already used and what colors I need to make more of. I love this block arrangement, with the triangles separating the hexagons. Can I tell you how much I love this quilt??? (Kind of a lot!)
I stitched up as many blocks as I could for my moody quilt. I ran out of background fabric, so I'm at a temporary stand-still until I can purchase more background fabric. This quilt needs to be at least lap size, because I am loving it so far! (More details on this quilt can be found in this post.) I had to laugh at the colorful log cabin blocks peeking out from the top of the photo. Such contrast to this quilt, but I like them both.

I also wanted to let you know that I will be traveling to Indiana (near Fort Wayne) next month, June 15-17, 2017 to give a trunk show on my new book. I will also be teaching on Friday and Saturday. The class I'm teaching is called "Spin Class-Make Your Quilts Your Own" and it's based on my book No Scrap Left Behind. Each student will be able to work on a project of their choice from the book, with hands on guidance from the teacher. (That's me.:)) The Friday class is full, but there is still room in the Saturday class. To sign up for the trunk show OR the Saturday class, email Teri for more info: ISEtrunkshow@gmail.com

That's it for me today! I hope you are having a great week!

7 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It sounds like you have the perfect remedy to the intense busy-ness of Market. The focus blocks look wonderful together on the wall!

Di~ said...

I just finished reading "No Scrap Left Behind" today! LOVE it. I love how you write and how it just sounds so doable. The quilts are so great, I know I could make a couple of them with the scraps that I have. I even had to look up a word that you used in the book! :) I have a question: In my stash from years past, are creams, as in very creamy, you know the going thing back in the early 2000s. What would you do with them? There are about 30 different fabrics, right around fat quarter size. Thanks and thank you for another lovely quilting book. I sure wish you would come here to the 'west' sometime to teach. Let's hope! :)

Darlene Hennlich said...

If you are undecided if you want to do the class with Amanda, don't think twice. I just did it earlier this month in Cedarburg WI and LOVED IT. Amanda Jean is amazing, so much fun! 😊

T Smith said...

I just started the Chain of Diamonds quilt. I keep telling myself that it is an ongoing project; but then I sit down to sew and can't stop. Love the book and wish I was close enough to take the class

Anonymous said...

Cute hexagons.

Our boys have two more weeks of school left, but summer break is definitely coming. I too am trying to get lots of work done before it begins.

Mrs Sharon Sim said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:{PurvaPius22@gmail.com} Thank you.

Cas said...

Love your new book and I'll work my way through the projects with my own spin. Haha, just noticed my epp hexies go anticlockwise...and yours are clockwise...I'm left-handed!