Wednesday, May 17, 2017

moody quilt-the beginning

Well, I've started another WIP. That's a few in one week! It's a very good thing that I was on a finishing bender earlier this year. Ha!
For this quilt, I'm using Kona shadow for the background and a variety of mixed substrate scraps for the triangles. Many thanks to my friend, Anna, for the beautiful scraps! (Most of them are Essex linen, chambray, or lightweight denim.) I love the pairing and the moody nature of this quilt so far!
The pattern is based on my chain of diamonds quilt, which can be found in my book No Scrap Left Behind. For this version, however, I upsized the blocks so I could finish this quilt sometime in this decade. :) I cut the background squares 4 1/2" and the triangles are made from 3 1/2" squares that were cut on the diagonal once. I may or may not add in some navy and very dark blue solids for a little more depth.

I'm excited to see how it all comes together in the next few weeks! Hurray for scraps! :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol! I'm on a finishing binge and 'use up my stash' binge. Love your blocks. Can't wait to see how it all ends. :-)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, great palette! This is going to be a fun quilt from a touch and texture perspective, too.

grammajudyb said...

Oh, I am liking that combo! I like the larger version of Chain of Diamonds....I wonder if I could get one started, I'll not finish it this year because I am working on other UFOs. But if I get UFOs done, I'll need a few to carry me through! haha!!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Does this mean you are doing a series of "moody" quilts based on the patterns in your book? I hope so! I love the colorful ones AND the darker versions.

Just me said...

I'm in love with this quilt!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is very nice. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The fabrics are great! Enjoy!!

Karen said...

What great scraps! This is going to be a stunner!

Paige said...

You were gifted a lovely collection of scraps with lots of texture! Looking forward to seeing this version!

Anna said...

I can't keep up with you lady! This looks amazing already. :) Glad you can use these scraps!

Dr Purva Pius said...

My name is.Mrs.Anna Daniel. I live in Ukraine i am a happy woman today? i need to use this time to tell all people how i got my loan from this honest and God fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $84,000 please contact him. if you also need a loan without any problem he name is Dr Purva Pius email (urgentloan22@gmail.com) tell him that is Mrs.Anna Daniel that refer you to he contact Email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

Cheryl Arkison said...

So beautiful! Love this version.