Tuesday, May 09, 2017

focusing

I've been working on my focus blocks as much as I can lately. It's been quite enjoyable to settle into another hand piecing project! Fussy cutting the centers is a great starting point for each block.
This narwhal block is a favorite! I've been digging deep into my stash to find just the right fabric combinations. I'm using even my most precious fabrics for this quilt... trying to work against my fabric hoarding tendencies a little bit at a time. :)
My finished block count is up to 28! Eeep!
This is by no means the final layout, I felt the need to lay them out to see how it was progressing. I think they are going to work just fine together. Hurray!
 
The templates are available here, and there is a post about EPP here, that may be helpful to you. 

18 comments:

Marcelle said...

I love seeing them laid out AND all stacked up. Totally gratifying! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Oh my, so so pretty and so unique! How on earth do you do that. I need to learn paper piecing someday.

Ariane said...

Love all your blocks! I knew stripes would make these blocks look really great! Love your narwhal block too

grammajudyb said...

Great progress! The fussy cutting is the best! You have lots of great fabrics and your combinations are really cool.

Kay said...

I love EPP as I find it very relaxing, the fussy cutting is just perfect for a stunning effect. x

jrwork said...

You've inspired me! I have a small spot on my office door to display my creative side...made three flowers into 12" x 12" hanging. Cute and easy, my two favorite words! Sorry, not sure how to post a pic here, check Instagram.

Leslie K. said...

I have put this project on my "To Do" list. This quilt is perfect because my word for the year is Focus! Now if I could just focus enough to finish some of my other projects so that I could start this one! I love do hand work so I will definitely be trying this pattern out this summer as I am looking for "take along" projects for our trips.

Kristin said...

Those look totally 100% fun!! Love them to bits!

Rita Lynn said...

I love these blocks

Cool Lizzie said...

I really love these!! Thanks for sharing your totally cool stuff - I'm enjoying my book, too!!

xoxox

Karen said...

Oh, your fussy cutting! Those little centers couldn't be any more adorable :)

Suzanne said...

My gosh, you are making fast progress on these. I'm resisting the urge to flip them like frisbees. Have your kids grabbed them yet? :)

JanetD said...

Finished my first block last night!

bumblebee53 said...

What inspiration to see your blocks! They look great in any combination and I love the fussy-cut centers. The narwhal is adorable.

dorothy said...

I love them all, but the Hello Kitty is so perfect in that center, too cute!

Cindy B said...

These are so great!! Are you doing this entirely by hand sewing or is it possible to use a machine as well?

PowerToolsWithThread said...

I think these around a paper pieced old school camera would make a great quilt for a photographer!

Lorna McMahon said...

These are so CUTE! And look great together!