It seems like I've been working on making pillows forever, but in reality, I managed to complete my goal of making 11 throw pillows for gifts in less than a month. Yippee! I really don't know why I thought this was a good idea in the first place, but it was an exercise in perseverance, if nothing else! Ha!
I can't believe that this is my first scrap vortex pillow. It's pretty fun! This is scrap project #139.
Simple and sweet patchwork never gets old! This is scrap project #140.
Another half-rectangle pillow, which is scrap project # 141.
And a fraternal twin to the previous pillow. It's not exactly the same, but I had to look carefully to make sure that I didn't post the same photo twice. :) This is scrap project #142!
I already gave one pillow cover away, but here are the remaining 10. They look pretty dandy together! I'm actually excited to send them off to their new homes!
One of the great things about this project was that I was able to use up a lot of scrap batting....the pile shrunk considerably! I also discovered that I could use my leftover scraps of fusible interfacing (cut into 1" widths) and fused the batting pieces together, side by side. It's like a triple scrap elimination. I'll take that any day of the week!
I am quite pleased with how they turned out! But boy, that's a whole lot of pillows...even for me! :)