Monday, March 04, 2013

leftovers (in progress)

I came this close to starting a new project today, but my sensible side won out and I decided to work on a WIP instead. If I buckle down, my WIP list could be in the single digits soon. That would something!!! (It's been ages.)
This quilt is called leftovers, because that's exactly what they are. Leftovers from this quilt on a background of Kona Ash.
It looks simple enough. But oh, man. It has been a challenge! I'm determined....it. will. not. beat. me. :)

One nice thing....the back is already pieced! (The bits of blue on each side in the photo above.) The back is actually more leftovers...it was the first attempt at a backing for my drano quilt. Handy, wouldn't you say?

Happy Monday to you!

16 comments:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Wahoo for you! How great to have a shorter list! Looks springy!

Susana Neiger said...

It looks super! The colors are great, and this design is such a perfect use for those little leftover bits. I'm thinking the quilting will be fun - so many options with so much solid! Looking forward to seeing this one finished!

Barbie Mills said...

I really like this, it is so simple and the colors are great.

Cheryl Arkison said...

And here I was thinking you could just use it as a back!

Rachel said...

It looks fabulous (I still think I should send you my scraps!)

Katherine said...

It's looking good, Amanda Jean!
Fingers crossed that you'll get your WIP list down to single digits... ;o)
Looking forward to seeing how you finish this!

Lee D said...

It's going to be fantastic. I have been working on only UFO's since January. Some were old enough to seem new!

Carly said...

http://aquiltisahug.blogspot.com/2012/10/seasonal-rainbows.html

Yours reminds me of my "Seasonal Rainbows" quilt that I made in October!. I still have a couple of block from it left over, so maybe I'll end up with another similar quilt soon!

I love your color choices.

Jeneta said...

I love that some of your projects are spin offs from others! It looks great and I am also determined to reduce my WIP's.

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Yay for a determined attack on the WIPs. It looks like such a fun way to use up your scraps and then you can play spot the project in the finished quilt.

Michele said...

Using up leftovers is always a good thing. I like, I like.

Sewing Mom said...

It's quite lovely and a great use for leftovers too!

JHNickodemus said...

Wow you're bringing a whole new level of beauty to the term leftovers!

Cathy said...

You are a better person than me...lol I am continually starting new projects so my list of WIPs keep growing. I love your current project. Hugs

Jilly said...

Leftovers are always good.

barbaradougherty126 said...

Love this! So pretty. I am always so inspired by your designs.