Monday, December 31, 2007

hearts all around quilt

I had to squeeze in one more finished quilt before the end of the year.
I finished the top of this quilt this summer and since then I have debated adding borders to make it larger, but I decided to keep it as is. The finished size is about 36" x 36". The backing is solid cream, so it is a genuine 2 color quilt. It was hard to restrain myself to just those 2 colors, but I think that the results are stunning, so I am glad that I did. The curves are hand appliqued. (I am not good at it.)
It will be a wall hanging in little A's room after the walls are painted. (It was really hard to photograph since the colors are so light....double clicking on the photo might help.)
Hope you have a great and safe New Year's Eve.

16 comments:

Anina said...

This is so cute and feminine. And, of course, pink.

Vicki W said...

What a sweet quilt!

Oiyi said...

So simple and lovely looking. Happy New Year!

Danetta said...

Sometimes less is more and I think it is just lovely

Mama Urchin said...

Happy New Year!

Linda said...

Very sweet, and in time for Valentine's day!

CONNIE W said...

Want to wish you a Happy New Year!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

my goodness, your quilt is stunning.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! Perfect for a little girl.

G'G'ma said...

That is so sweet and will look wonderful hanging in your little girl's room. Happy New Year.
Thank's for starting the quilt-a-long. It has really inspired me to get moooving!

Holly said...

I am constantly amazed at the number of quilts you are able to finish. And not "cheater" quilts, either - full on piecing, applique-ing, quilting, and binding. You are inspiring!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

crunchy peas said...

Yes...perfect for a little one's room. I think this one is my favorite so far. I am a simple kind of girl. It is so pretty!

Amy Jo said...

Looks cute! I'm sure it will look great in A's room!

Anonymous said...

SO great! i love this.

lera said...

I love it. I really do!

Chara Michele said...

This is so lovely!