Friday, November 24, 2006

wip: quilts

For my work(s) in progress Friday: quilts!

1. Antique quilt that belongs to my friend Erin's mom...this quilt has been a wip for around 40 years or more. It is about a full size, and I am hand quilting it.(ugh!) Those are all vintage 30's prints. It's all hand pieced except I machine stitched on the borders...I wanted them to stay on. I don't trust my hand piecing skills....no, I don't have handpiecing skills! Isn't this a beauty? I absolutely love the borders.

2. Fall quilt that I was going to get done this year...maybe by Christmas?

3. Eventually will be a throw for my living room.

4. Log cabin blocks-improvised piecing-love this technique. Will either be a baby quilt or a wall hanging.

5. Moda fabrics from several years ago-maybe 4? Working on a king size quilt for my bed.

6. And also this (scroll down to the bottom of the post) red and white quilt...just hand stitching on the binding.
I hoping to finish these up by the end of the year.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy, too. I love Erin's mom's quilt. I love the colors in it. That will be really special when it is done. The others look like fun, too. The throw in those colors will look fabulous in your living room!

Anonymous said...

yeah you are a busy mama!!! but they look soooo pretty and you make a girl wanna try even though she has too much to do already hahaha!!!!!

they look beautiful, really!! especially the log cabin ones!