Thursday, November 23, 2006

giving thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday...being thankful is very important to me and it is something that I am diligently working on imparting to my children. It's been a great thanksgiving for me this year and I was reflecting on my many blessings throughout the day.

Here's my list:
1. I am thankful to God, my Creator, and for the beauty of His creation.
2. To His Son, Jesus, who is my Savior.
3. For my husband...what a wonderful man I married!
4. My children...each one brings a bunch of joy to our (loud) family.
5. My home in the country.
6. My washer and dryer.
7. My dishwasher.
8. My new sewing machine!!!
9. My hobbies.
10. My extended family.
11. A bunch of friends...both near and far.
12. A free country to live in.
13. My husband's job.
14. Being a stay at home mom.
15. My hairdresser.
16. My neighbors (many who are also friends).
17. Plenty of food to eat.
18. Plenty of clothes to wear.
19. Blessings too many to count.
Not an all inclusive list by any means....I am blessed beyond measure.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. We do have a lot to be thankful for, don't we? I am thankful for you, too. You have to know that I consider you probably my closest friend. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful friend as you! Hugs to you and K and the kids from J and I!

Anonymous said...

what a sweet sweet post!