Tuesday, November 07, 2006

This quilt was inspired by this sweet Pottery Barn kids quilt... I modified it a bit...I should have added the embroidered running stitch in the sashing. But as I normally do, I rush to finish up a project, then rethink it a little bit more at the end. I do like how it turned out, even without the extra stitching. It's a baby quilt, and fairly simple in design, and I still managed to run into some problems with the piecing. I quilted squares in the squares. This is probably my 30th (at least) quilt that I have made, and my very first one that is quilted sans puckers. There was much rejoicing, let me tell you! It was quilt #11 that I finished for the year.

I have several works in progress in my craft room right now. Oh, my, for the stress of craft show preparation. (It is in a week and a half.) I am nearly done with one purse inspired by a quilt pattern. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Photos will be posted soon, hopefully!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow!!! this is SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!! SUCH BEAUTIFUL COLORS! and those bibs you did, how cute!!!!!! your work is quite pleasant!

Tam-A-Roo said...

Loved this one...inspired me to do my own version! I used an Ikea fabric and did not wash before quilting so that I could get more crinkles!! And it worked - I love how it turned out...see my blog for photos...Thanks again!