Monday, November 20, 2006

Not too much crafting going on here today, as I was in taking my little guy to the doctor. He has pink eye, ear and sinus infections. Poor little guy...he is a trooper though. Since I went in to the doctor, I had to stop by the thrift and craft stores to start a yarn stash.

So I can make something like this. This will be my first solo attempt at a crocheted project. My husband says I have a sickness. (It's true...) If I had a bunch of yarn ends to use up, I could (maybe) justify a project like this. I didn't have a yarn stash until today. So despite the fact that I know I shouldn't even venture into crochet land, I am going to anyway.

A few other things that are inspiring me lately: this and this. Love both of these projects. Not that I am going to go coat sewing....maybe a hooded poncho for the girl out of patchwork? Still thinking that one over.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Venturing into crochet land are we? If you have any questions, just ask. I've been crocheting since 5th grade. Good luck, oh, and if you need some yarn to finish things out, let me know, I have a small stash, too. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry to hear about your boy! hope he feels better soon so he can enjoy the holiday with you :) happy early thanksgiving!!!!

Judy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wanted to give you the info on the quilt pattern.

http://mccallsquilting.com/golden/mg29_pattern/

This link will get you to the right place for the McCall's pattern,. It really is a super easy quilt to make.