Friday, October 20, 2017

brianne's socks and a tiny little zip pouch

Welcome to finish it up Friday!
My friend brianne had a birthday this week and I knit her a pair of socks! I totally guessed on the size and I'm so relieved that they fit her perfectly the first time around. Hurray!
I ventured out and used a new to me pattern which can be found here. The contrast toe and heel are pretty fun!! (Many thanks to my friend Suzanne for the pattern recommendation.) The main sock yarn is by Madelintosh and I'm fairly certain the colorway is called Cosmic Wonder Dust. The pink yarn is Baby Wool by Coats, which I found at my local quilt (and yarn!) shop.
This is my 21st pair of hand knit socks that I have finished to date! I have 3 more socks on the needles at this time, so hopefully I'll have a few more finished pairs to share soon. Many thanks to Brianne and her son for taking the wonderful photos for this post!

I also have one more little finish for the week....
Yesterday I made a tiny wide open pouch for my friend Kristin. (There is a tutorial here, although this one has been sized down considerably. hahaha!)
I squealed over this so much when I made it!!! Tiny is so much fun, but now I want to make a larger version. I have a feeling it would be much easier to make! And maybe just a touch more practical. Ha! :)

Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks so much for joining me for finish it up Friday! Have a GREAT weekend!



21 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh that little pouch is so adorably dinky! I love the socks too - the lighter speckled yarns can look a bit meh just by themselves but those pink heels and toes really make it pop - gorgeous!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Love the socks! I have to go back to learn how to knit them again as after knitting 6 pairs and none after that for two years, I forgot how to begin!

Nicole said...

If any socks could LOOK like a birthday, these are those socks. Learning sock knitting is the next thing I want to learn. Happy weekend!

Chris said...

I love the main yarn in those socks!

Melissa Corry said...

That little pouch is to cute for words!!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Amanda,
Those socks are adorable! The pink just brightens them up so much. I am 100% certain that you friend loves them and can feel the love in every stitch. And that little pouch - oh my goodness. So much cuteness in everything about it - the fabrics, the little zipper and the pull tab! ~smile~ Roseanne

Di~ said...

Oh cute! both the little pouch! and the socks are awesome.

Laura said...

I've made two pouches from your pattern in Connecting Threads' Fast, Fun and Gifty book. I think I'm getting to the point where I may actually become proficient at it! ;-) Your tiny pouch is adorable.

tink's mom said...

The socks are great. Thanks for the link to the pattern. Haven't tried that heel yet, looks interesting. Love the tiny little purse. It could hold a wonderful collection of buttons or clips as a gift. I've used that pattern but never thought of shrinking it down that much.

Rene' said...

Those socks are so cute!! They remind me of confetti and bubble gum. Brianne and her son got some great photos! Cute zip pouch as well. I can't even imagine sewing a zipper on something that small ;-))

sanpiseth40 said...

i really likes your blog!
You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.
ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

Patti said...

I love the socks, they remind me of birthday cake ice cream! The pouch would make a great change purse for my daughters. I better get moving!

Unknown said...

Love the socks you knitted❤️🍁🍁 Question... Do you prefer to knit with circular kneedles or the four pointed kneedles?
The small pouch is very cute! Thank you for sharing.

Paige said...

Fun socks! The pouch is sooo cute!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

The socks are fun but that teeny tiny zip pouch is just too too cute.

...by CJ said...

Love the tiny pouch! I use to make the tiny pyramid style ones, they were fun for change and little toys for the kids....great gifts for my kids to give to friends. Thanks for all the inspiration!

KaHolly said...

Awfully cute teeny tiny bag! And those socks! Oh, my, are they ever sweet! I really need to learn how to knit socks!

Mary Marcotte said...

Cool socks!
I've made a couple of tiny bags (though not wide-open ones which are much cuter) to give to friends for rosaries. They're always a hit and I use ONLY scrap fabric and batting to make them. Even the zips are reused. Reused zippers can be a problem on large projects, but for tiny bags you take from the least-used part of the teeth (who completely unzips every time?) and anything goes (hidden, metal, regular, etc.) You've convinced me again to try one of your projects: wide-open tiny bags move to the front of the line, please.

FlashinScissors said...

Eeek! Such a darling little pouch! I love it!
The smaller they get the harder they are to stitch.
Gorgeous socks. They look so cozy!
I made socks many years ago for my dad when he used to do Scottish dancing. They were knee high, knitted in Aran wool with cables on the cuffs ..... hard on the fingers!
Barbara x

bumblebee53 said...

i love those socks with bright pink toes and heels - and how the seams don't cut across the toes like most sock seams do (torture on feet that have corns!). the pouch is adorable.

Clair said...

Nice socks and pouch! Makes me want to learn to knit.