because of a pincushion. My friend Tara said, "wouldn't a whole quilt out of those blocks be amazing? We should do that!" So I did.
Since this one was in progress for so long, I decided that the word perseverance needed to be put on the back. Originally, I wanted to paper piece the word, but I ran out of time, so I wrote it with free motion quilting on a piece of fabric backed with some interfacing instead. It got the point across and it was much quicker.
The biggest lesson I learned in making this quilt is that when you are piecing tiny things like this, it's helpful to make some of the pieces larger, then trim them down. In this case, cutting the borders for each block a touch bigger than needed was very helpful. If only I would have learned that sooner, I would have saved myself a sleepless night or two. But hey, here's to lessons learned! :)