Thursday, October 03, 2013

kind of random Thursday

Next Thursday, October 10, I will be presenting a trunk show to the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild. The meeting will be held at the Textile Center in Minneapolis at 7pm. You do not need to be a member to attend. If you live in the area I hope you to see you there! I will be sharing a little about my quilting journey, a little about book writing and showing lots of scrap quilts. It should be a FUN night!
Remember this pillow I made for a friend? Well, I actually sent it out to her. Finally! (Why is getting to the post office so very difficult?) Since it's been hanging around here, I thought that the least I could do was take a proper photo with a pillow form and all. :)
This friend of mine is pregnant, so I wanted to include something for her baby boy. She's a classy lady, so I tried really hard to make something that would fit her aesthetic. (I LOVE these!!!) I used the very first tutorial that I ever wrote, with several minor changes. (oh my, it's a little embarrassing looking back that far into the archives.)

See, I'm trying something new...sewing for others. Ha! I need to do it more often, especially since I've been acquiring fabric and an extremely rapid pace.
You see, I have developed a bad habit of making a stop at a fabric store on my way to the grocery store each week. It makes errand day much more tolerable, but good grief, that is mighty dangerous! I could justify it 9 different ways, but you all know how it goes, right?

23 comments:

Lisa in Port Hope said...

That's my kind of shopping trip!

S Staum said...

HI, Amanda,
It would be so great to attend your presentation on the 10th in Mpls. It's not that far from the Duluth area BUT we are actually starting the Lake Superior Modern Quilt Guild and that is the night of our informational meeting! Who knows what kind of a turnout well have but we are hoping there are at least 10 quilters interested. So just as we discussed at Camp StitchALot this August, we, too, will want you to speak to our group sometime in the future!
You were such a hoot and so encouraging and inspirational, they'll love you!
Sue

Linda said...

Hey! I just bought that same yellow check from Mill End! LOL

Auntie Pami said...

You know, the post office does pick up pri mail pkgs lol

Jacqueline said...

Wow, I LOVE those bibs!!!

Rita@PinPrickedFingers.com said...

Much like shoes, a girl can't have too much fabric!

Palak said...

I'd hate to think what would happen if I stopped by at the fabric store on the way to the grocers... um.. I guess we are having seersucker tonite!

Suzanne said...

I bet your friend will be super surprised as there is nothing better in my book than getting a parcel with an unexpected treat inside.

Kim said...

Hey ya gotta do what ya need to to make all those errands tolerable.
You go girl!

Happy Sewing

Lies Koster said...

stopping by EACH week...? how is your cupboard and your loft. Mine are fullll. I must live up to 200 to use it all. I prohibited myself bying something new (most of the time) (except two or three times a year). Really, I still feel well. It is worth trying. huisvlijtigliesje.blogspot.com

Carla said...

Oh, such pretties! IJust wondering how much fabric you can stuff in a grocery bag to hide it?! LOL

Live a Colorful Life said...

Such pretty pictures. The bibs are very classy. *sigh* I would LOVE to be able to attend and just listen to you laugh and share your quilting journey and all your fabulous quilts.

Emma Watson said...

Hi, I just want to say that these quilts are looking mind blowing and many many thanks by the http://www.pinkpepperboutique.com for the outstandinng quilts.

Julie said...

Have you any idea if there has been any interest in a Modern Quilt guild starting up in the Rochester area? I live in southern Minnesota and would love to be involved in a MQG, but don't know of any down here. Minneapolis is a bit of a stretch to attend evening events.

Julie said...

Have you any idea if there has been any interest in a Modern Quilt guild starting up in the Rochester area? I live in southern Minnesota and would love to be involved in a MQG, but don't know of any down here. Minneapolis is a bit of a stretch to attend evening events.

Anonymous said...

Loved every single picture. I love the idea of stopping at the quilt store on the way to run errands and buy groceries - while you still have money and energy! LOL

Cheryl Arkison said...

I hate going to the post office too. Not sure why, but I find it annoying.

a maidenhair fern said...

Don't EVER go into a fabric store hungry!!!

Ann said...

Oh Amanda I would love to attend, but with this darn hip I don't think I can quite drive that far yet. I know you will put on an awesome show! And do you have a Mill End near you? That fabric looks very familiar! I think I have all of those, except the black and white one, in my collection! Great minds think alike!!!

Ann said...

Oh Amanda I would love to attend, but with this darn hip I don't think I can quite drive that far yet. I know you will put on an awesome show! And do you have a Mill End near you? That fabric looks very familiar! I think I have all of those, except the black and white one, in my collection! Great minds think alike!!!

Nita said...

I really like the chevron print you used on the bibs. they look very classy and I'm sure your friend will love them. :)

Tess said...

I spotted a few Sunday Morning quilts in the first stack, and wanted to let you know how much I loved the book! Finally found a copy here in Australia and have read and re-read it. You and Cheryl did an amazing job. The bibs are cute too :)

Glynis said...

What a great incentive for grocery shopping! May have to steal that idea!