jacquie's spring to finish challenge was just the push i needed to get this baby finished. i was cross-eyed for the last several stitches, but i made it with about an hour to spare. nothing like cutting it close to the deadline! :) (this brings my spring to finish total to 3.)
i did an insane amount of quilting on this one, (8 lines of quilting on a 3" block!) but it was good to branch out from my usual stippling. i wish you could feel this quilt-the texture is incredible. when i washed and dried it, it didn't seem to shrink any more than usual. i was very relieved.
i pieced the back, using two different color ways of mendi fabric from fun quilts. it was a good match and it was on the sale rack at my LQS.
after washing and drying, the quilt measures 62" x 80", so about a twin size.