Tuesday, May 20, 2008

gifts for me (and my girl)

It's a big mail week here. I have been preparing many packages to send out, (it seems like these things happen in waves) and unlike Kristen, preparing packages is not my favorite thing to do. I don't want to spoil any surprises, so I will show you what I have received lately, instead.
Heather made this bag for a friend who custom ordered a pink and brown bag. This friend thought it was a little too pink (which I totally can't comprehend), but it worked out well for me, because this bag is now mine. I LOVE it. A pink and brown purse has been on my list of things to make forever, so that is one thing I can cross off my list. Hurray.
My friend Rhonda, in Michigan, (who is blogless) made this sweet little hat for my daughter. Isn't it adorable??? My daughter and I both love it an awful lot. It fits perfectly, too. I'm so impressed, she just whips up these hats, so she says. Yes, very impressive.
Jacquie sent me this sweet teacup quilt as a thank you for the quilt along. You can read more about it and see her fabulous quilts in this post. She is generously sharing her pattern for the teacup quilt on her blog. Once I paint my walls, this is going to hang right outside the door of my studio. It is fabulous, Jacquie. Thanks so much.

19 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow! What lovely goodness you've been receiving from friends. Lucky you!

Philigry said...

such sweet gifts! they are all so nice!

Linda said...

Cool stuff! Hope you are having a good week. I still wish we would have been able to make the trip this weekend.

MichelleB said...

Great stuff. LOVE that teacup quilt. And that she shared the pattern!

Unknown said...

So does your blogless friend take special orders? Leila is obsessed with hats and that looks like too cute of a hat NOT to have.

Super jealous by the way of all of the mail love *smile*

Gretchen said...

Lovely gifts!

I didn't know there was such a thing as too much pink... ;)

Roxanne said...

Such fun goodies, lucky girl! I adore that hat!! :)

jacquie said...

As are you! You're very welcome.

lera said...

Wow! Lucky you!!

Danetta said...

Oh what fun for you and for your little one!

Amy Jo said...

What a great mail day!!! I LOVE the pink/brown purse!

Mama Urchin said...

Don't you just love good mail!

Unknown said...

so much fun! I love the mail system bringing me stuff.

I added more quilting to a project since seeing your wavy lines. It isn't perfect but I love it. I just blogged it if you want to check it out.

http://parkcitygirl.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely presents here.......and the quiltalong seems to be going well again.......

Angela James said...

Your friend Rhonda should sell those hats because my daughter would look smashing in one!

And I don't comprehend the too much pink either. Great bag!

Anina said...

Too pink??? Now that's just not possible. Lovely, lovely gifts.

sulu-design said...

Like hugs from all over the country!

Rebekah said...

That tote bag is adorable! How sweet of Jacquie to send you that cute quilt!

kat | Taylor Made designs said...

that really is some good stuff you have there! Who needs to package it up pretty!

Thanks for the link love :)
I noticed a lot more people coming to my blog yesterday...and discovered it was because you mentioned me :) So thanks!