Friday, May 18, 2018

another new floor!

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

Well, I haven't sewn a single stitch on my machine since LAST Friday. I can't remember the last time that happened!
I've been working on redoing my daughter's room off and on since January. Any of you that have ever done a home remodel project knows that everything takes longer than it should. Right? This past weekend I FINALLY got to the fun part of this huge project...laying the new laminate floor! I used the same flooring in my own bedroom a few years ago. It's held up remarkably well and I still like it, so I thought it would be smart to put matching stuff in my daughter's room. It only took me 2 days to install it. Of course the finishing details are the real bugger and I have a million of those left, but we shall celebrate progress!
The flooring is Distressed Brown Hickory laminate from the Home Depot. I'm so pleased with how it came together!!! The wall paint color is Plateau by Pittsburgh Paints (purchased from Menards). I LOVE this color so much! The trim got a fresh coat (or 12, haha!) of white paint, too. SOOOO MUCH work when into this, so it's good to see it taking shape. Finally!


Here are a few before photos...

Wallpaper border circa 1998...had to go!
Of course it didn't go without a fight. (It never does...)
This photo is a pretty cringy and a little gross...but it's evidence that it was all worth it! All the blood, sweat and frustration. (I don't think there were any tears. YAY!)
My daughter and I are planning out the quilt that I'm going to make for her new room, but that won't be ready for awhile yet, so this is her temporary bedding situation. She slept in her new room for the first time last night and she absolutely loves it. I'm pretty pleased with it so far, too! I totally need a nap, though!!! (Maybe I should borrow her new bed....hahahaha!)
 
Alright, that's it for me today! Now it's your turn to link up your finishes for the week. Thank you SO MUCH for joining me for finish it up Friday! Have a GREAT weekend! xo

31 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

That quilt goes perfectly with the walls!!! Such pretty colors :) And way to go on remodeling!!! You are so right, it always takes longer than you think it will and wall paper is the worst :( Way to knock this room out of the park!!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow! I love the flooring! And the wall colors is wonderful. I do love the map border. If only they had it in updated colors. That quilt looks perfect in that room to me.

Chris said...

Wow, what a difference! The room looks great.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Amanda,
WOW - what a fabulous transformation. The quilt looks SO nice with the wall color (I l.o.v.e. that color) and the floor and the area rug. It's a real big-girl room. I'm sure she is very thrilled with how it came together and loves sleeping under her temporary new quilt sewed with lots of love by Mom. Fabulous!
~smile~ Roseanne

Carla said...

YAY you!! Great finish. I can't wait to see how another quilt looks because I think this one is gorgeous with the wall color.

Tami Von Zalez said...

The room is stunning and your quilt is icing on the cake!
Thank you again for hosting - love this hop.

Live a Colorful Life said...

This room looks amazing!! Can't wait to see it in a couple months. :)

Leanne Parsons said...

The room looks great! Congratulations on getting it done and now you can have fun with the quilt :)

Tracie said...

Wow, what a beautiful transformation! I'm a huge fan of watery blue bedrooms, so I would love this space.

ChezVies said...

so beautiful! the quilt match perfectly too.

travelinsewl said...

Nice room! I too love my home depot laminate! 15 years and it still looks great.

Di~ said...

What a great change! It looks wonderful! Good job! Love the bed and quilt also!

Linda said...

Looking great! I'll bet miss A is excited to have such a pretty space! That wall color is really close to my bathroom I painted last year. :)

Vicki Lou said...

Wow AmandaJean, it’s lovely! I questioned the wall color at first cuz I’m older and still stuck in the neutrals, but when I saw the quilt on that palette, I absolutely LOVED it. Why change it?
What a huge labor of love. You should be one proud momma.

Bernie Kringel said...

what an amazing transformation -- it looks just beautiful! Enjoy your weekend. I bet you are tired out!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Wow what a difference the flooring and new paint color made! I am impressed that you put the flooring down yourself!

Miaismine said...

Pretty quilt - love those colors for her bedroom!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the colour on the walls!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a transformation! I love the floor, the wall color and the quilt!

LindaBee said...

Wow! I just painted a room this color. May I ask what coordinating colors you will use in that room?

Little Quiltsong said...

What a totally beautiful makeover on your daughter's room. Love what you did - awesome!

pennylanequilts said...

Well done, Mom! It looks so pretty and fresh and the temporary quilt is lovely, too.

Unknown said...

I think you get credit for piecing the floor! It looks great.

claudia said...

Your daughter's room is just beautiful! What a fantastic job you did. I love the color you painted on the walls. That goes beautifully with the flooring. Now I need to rethink the flooring I want to put in my entire house!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is a gorgeous transformation! The quilt looks great in there -- giving you leeway in getting the new quilt done. Is it difficult to do your own flooring?

sandi s said...

It’s a lovely room. The floors look great. Hugs,

Shannon said...

It's always amazing how new flooring and a fresh coat of paint can totally transform a room! Looking great!

Kim B. said...

Well done - so much work and such a wonderful result!! It looks great!

Jessica Christensen said...

The room looks great! SO much work, indeed, but definitely worth it!

Sandra Healy Designs said...

The new room is looking fabulous, I love the floor. Picking out fabrics for a new matching quilt sounds fun!

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow, what a transformation. Looks like you got rid of the popcorn on the ceiling too, right? The quilt you have in there already looks perfect, but you always need an excuse to start another one!