Tuesday, February 28, 2017

show and tell bags-a new pattern

Before I start my post today, I wanted to let you know that free shipping on signed copies of my book ends tomorrow. On March 2, shipping and handling will be $4.00. Just a heads up!

Over the past few weeks, I've been prototyping and designing a new bag pattern! I wasn't expecting to share it quite this soon, but everything fell into place so quickly at the end, so here it is. Hurray for something going faster than expected! That hardly EVER happens, so it's noteworthy, for sure!
These bags were designed especially for taking quilts to show and tell at a guild meeting or large projects to a quilt retreat. A few years ago, I made a huge bag as a part of a challenge at my local quilt shop. I've used that bag an awful lot over the years. I have re-designed the bag construction and I also made it in three sizes... because one size is simply not enough!
The medium size uses 4" squares and it finishes at 17 1/2" wide x 17" tall x 4 1/2" deep. It is great for carrying baby or lap size quilts.
The large size uses 4 1/2" squares and it finishes at 20" wide x 19 1/2" tall x 5 1/2" deep. This one is great for large lap or twin size quilts.
The jumbo size uses 5" squares and it finishes at 22 1/2" wide x 22" tall x 6" deep. Admittedly, the jumbo size is a little bit ridiculous. It is HUGE.... it fits at least two king size quilts. (Because it's totally plausible that someone would have not only one, but two KING size quilts for show and tell, right?!?!?!) I love that it's so ridiculous. It will also be very useful!
Just to put the size in perspective, my almost 11 year old can totally sit inside this bag. :)
I love that the bag looks so different in each of the fabric choices. So many possibilities!

The pattern is charm square or layer cake friendly. Each bag exterior uses 20 10" squares or less, so if you have a layer cake with 42 squares, you could make patchwork for two bags from it!

The PDF pattern is available for purchase here, for immediate download, if you are interested.

PLEASE NOTE:
This listing is for a PDF (electronic) file. The PDF pattern will be sent to the e-mail address in your pay pal account upon payment. The e-mail will include a link to download the file directly to your computer. This link will allow you to access the file a limited number of times, so please do not access the pattern repeatedly (on your phone, for example) without downloading and saving it on your own computer first. If you do not receive the file, please check your junk mail folder. After that, if you have problems, please let me know! :)

Happy Tuesday, my friends!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

The large size would be perfect for hauling a whole lot of towels/jumpers/easential stuff to the beach! Might need additional reinforcements for that kind of use!

Suzanne said...

Cheers! I love the scrappy look and the smile on Abby's face.

Mary Marcotte said...

Such pretty bags. I can see several uses for these: the beach, sleepovers, weekend trips, storage. Love them!

Robby said...

Seriously! Who does not need a bag that can hold an 11 year old? What a great looking project out of those simple squares.

house on hill road said...

Adorable! (And now when I read your blog, I can totally hear your voice in my head! I'm so glad we finally met face to face.)

Shelia said...

I think these would be great for gifting a quilt.

Kay said...

I loved seeing your daughter rinthe bag, it really does give a better idea of the size than just measurements. x

Debbie said...

What a great idea! I love that you created a JUMBO bag too!!

Tammy said...

I love this bag in all three sizes. And I love the thought that if I ever need to carry an 11 year old, I can! LOL Your daughter is so adorable! This is a must buy pattern for me. It will really help use up my scrap stash.

Rebecca said...

Love the large bag with your almost 11 year old....gives great perspective on the size and makes me happy to see it!

pennylanequilts said...

How clever you are to change the size of the bag by changing the size of the squares used in the pattern! I was just enjoying your new book this morning, and it has inspired me to get in there and do some scrap management this morning.

rossana said...

I cannot wait to get time to make a bunch of bags! Thanks for being so accommodating with my order. Mindingmomma@aol.com

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those are AWESOME!! One word of warning... don't load those BIG bags up TOO heavily. I know from experience, it's a recipe for a pinched nerve in your shoulder (and it's quite painful!!)

Schulz Family said...

absolutely love the bags and your colour choices.

Bernie Kringel said...

Adorable picture of your tote bag model. :-)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

This is a great pattern. I love that it's big enough to fit a person. LOL