Friday, March 04, 2016

catching up

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

This week was one for catching my breath and catching up. I was quite behind on my bee blocks, so I spent a few days fixing that.
Top left: flying geese for Stephanie (tutorial here)
Top right: books for baby block for Cindy (pattern in the book Patchwork, Please!)
Bottom left: charming stars block for Terri (tutorial here)
Bottom right: improv herringbone for Shelly (tutorial here)

The star block was super fun to make and it's so simple. I want to make an entire quilt from that pattern some day. The herringbone block, while cute, was SO time consuming...and it ate a LOT of fabric. Thankfully, there is no shortage of fabric around here. Ha!

Phew! It feels good to have those done. Thankfully my friends are patient. :) Now, to get these in the mail...that's always the trick!

Did you know that you can link up your finishes from Instagram? See this post for more details.

It's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks, as always, for joining me for finish it up Friday!

16 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Time consuming or not, the herringbone pattern is amazing - it would be absolutely stunning done as a scrap quilt on a huge scale wouldn't it - and looking at the piles of scrappy bits and bobs overflowing my cupboard I think I might have fabric for that too!!

Melissa Corry said...

Love all of your fun bee blocks. And I love making that star block as well. so fun!!!

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

Love the start block as well. I have some charm packs that I'm not sure what to make with. This could work well. Great finishes!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I love them all--and they look so pretty on the design wall, like they are all friends--just like the people they are going to. :) I LOVE the book block for Ella. Thank you!!

Mari said...

Love that charm star! And all of your pieces look like they would make a fun quilt on their own!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I wrap up bee block commitments. I'm glad you were able to catch up this week!

Bernie Kringel said...

Thanks for sharing the links for the tutorials to make the blocks, especially the charm star block. I was thinking that herringbone block looked fussy.... ;-)

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Its always tough to get those thank you blocks done! These are lovely, and I'm sure they will love receiving them. I know I would!

Turid said...

I love all your beautiful colours.

quiltingbydawn said...

Very cute blocks! The herringbone is quite impressive! I do think it would make a fun scrappy quilt!

Marga (MarPie) said...

Love your blocks but the link from Shelly {Bottom right: improv herringbone for Shelly (tutorial here)} is not working.
Please can you help me?

Warm regards,
Marga♥

Needled Mom said...

Great bee blocks. Bet it feels good to get caught up.

moosecraft said...

Love the herringbone pattern! Thank you for supplying the link to the tutorial! :-)

margaret said...

improv herringbone looks interesting. I have yet to try herringbone but this give me a reason to try both now.

Sherry said...

I love the cheerful fabrics you are using in all of the Bee Blocks.

eva said...

hi Amanda,
i sent you an email today.... hopefully it didn't go into your spam folder,
xo
e.