Friday, October 24, 2014

another divided basket

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to take a class from the ever-so-lovely Anna of Noodlehead. She taught her divided basket class at the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild. It was wonderful to have a full day dedicated to sewing with few other distractions. You know it's bad when you have to take a class so you have time to sew! (hahaha!)
The divided basket is a fun pattern to sew up! I actually took my time for once, making deliberate decisions every step of the way--rather than trying to speed my way through things and try to make 100 of them. It was a nice change of pace! I also liked having sewing time with friends...my fabric choices were better because I had their input. It was a fun, fun day and I have an awesome divided basket to show for it. I'm already using it for scrap storage, which, I am sure, comes as no surprise!
 
I had a few other finishes this week, but they are gifts that I will be hand delivering when I am at quilt market in Houston (!!!) so I will have to wait to share them next week.
 
Now, it's your turn! Please link up your finishes. Thanks, as always, for joining me for finish it up Friday!

14 comments:

Darcy said...

I love these baskets too but have you ever made a pattern of Anna's that you didn't like?! Love all the fabrics you chose :-)

Mihaela said...

Very useful basket!
Thank you for the linky party!

Handiworking said...

Love the fabrics that you chose. I made my first Noodlehead Divided Basket for a baby gift over the summer. What a wonderful pattern. Lucky you to get to take a class with Anna!
Jane @ Handiworking

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a cute basket - I'm working on quite a few things at the same time - thanks for the link up

Lorna McMahon said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful sewing day, Amanda Jean. Your basket turned out so pretty! Love the dark background. It really makes those dots pop!

Svetlana said...

beautiful basket, I'm planning on making one over the weekend.

beth said...

It's always FUN to sew with friends! ;)

Quilting Stories said...

I love your so cute basket!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to have a finished baby quilt to put up this week. Thanks for the linky party.

margaret said...

love the basket, could use a few of those myself. Think maybe I have been able to add a link will be amazing if it has worked!

Unknown said...

Sweet,,love the fabric! So useful .

Eulalia Isabel said...

Me encanta la cesta.
saludos

Linda said...

Lovely as always! Have fun at Market! I'll be thinking about you! :)

Anna said...

Love it of course!!! You get 5 gold stars for being so awesome. :) Hope you had a great weekend!