Sunday, June 24, 2012

scrappy Sundays-our pattern testers

Cheryl and I had fantastic pattern testers for Sunday Morning Quilts. Today we want to feature their work because they are awesome, they did amazing work, and they helped us out so much!

I love seeing patterns sewn up in different colorways. Furthermore, I love to see how someone else uses a pattern and runs with it. It is so. much. fun. (It's especially fun when it is your pattern!) I hope you enjoy reading the stories behind their quilts, too.
Andrea tested the splash quilt. She posted about her quilt here.

Katherine tested the candy coated pattern. She posted about her quilt here.

Pam tested the high five pattern. She posted about her quilt here.

Pauline tested the up, up and away pattern. She posted about her quilt here.

Tara tested the gumdrop pattern and made these throw pillows. She posted about them here.

Terri tested the Scrapper's Delight pattern. These are her test blocks....destined to be a huge throw pillow. Beyond being a pattern tester, she was very generous to share her scraps with me. Several of the scraps in Scrapper's Delight came from her. She has the BEST scraps! In fact, her and I have done a good deal of swapping. I trade fabric from my stash for her scraps. It's a great deal for both of us! :)
Terri also made a version of the storage box pattern from the book using some of her treasured chocolate lollipop scraps. You can read her post about both here.

I'd like to say a BIG thank you to all the wonderful pattern testers! You ladies did beautiful work!

In the book we have a section called "make it yours" to accompany each quilt. We wanted to suggest alternate ideas for each quilt because we know that scrap quilts can never be replicated exactly. The goal is to enable you to use your very own scrap collection and put your own twist on each design. We want you to make a quilt that you will use, love and be proud of...all while reducing your scrap pile. So, go forth and "make it yours"!  :)

25 comments:

Annie said...

Love love love the greenly blue quilt

Maja said...

Such a good work they did!
And I know that special feeling you are wrighting about.
It´s SO nice seeing what others are doing from your own pattern!
Luck!!!

Diane said...

fantastic quilt-y goodness. I have your book and now just need to find time to make one or two...right now I am enjoying looking at the pictures and changing my mind about which will be first! -ah the quilters dilemma :)

Mama Spark said...

Thanks for the opportunity to be a pattern tester for you. I love my quilt and look forward to getting it quilted up so I can use it! Great book, great author!!!

Rachel said...

Awesome jobs all around!!

Tara said...

So fun to see what is being made from your patterns! Headed to Cheryl's now!

Kim said...

How lovely of you to give credit where credit is due. We all know that a book takes many helpers and behind the scenes work, I'll enjoy visit each and everyone of these blogs of your testers. You're a peach Amanda Jean :0)!

Happy Sewing, I am really enjoying your book and planning out quilts from your patterns.

Patti said...

Oooohhh...I've ordered your book and I can't wait to get it. These quilts are fabulous! And thanks for the generosity of sharing your creativity and knowledge in your book. Quilters really are the best kind of people!

Quilt n Queen said...

I luv seeing all the testers quilts. I've now got a collection of the binding triangles and will eventually make another Up Up and Away quilt. In fact...today I am binding a quilt Pam made for Margaret's Hope Chest, added 6 more triangles to my collection. My next one will be scrappier...using the Lily and Will II charm packs controlled the scrappiness. Thanks bunches for allowing me to test your pattern. Happy Sunday Amanda Jean...(o:

Sarah said...

What a great post! I enjoy all the backround information, and loved visiting all the blogs.

Angie said...

Fabulous---they are ALL fabulous!! Makes me want to dive right in to this book and make one of each. :D I'm really really partial to that plaid 'candy coated'...

Cherie said...

All the projects look great! Those Ladies did a fabulous job of pattern testing =D

Suzanne said...

I really enjoyed touring the blogs of your testers. What a special opportunity to test for you and Cheryl!

Terriaw said...

So fun to see the other testers' project! Love seeing a variety of interpretations.

I did a post on my blog on Sunday morning about the projects I tested. Here's the link:
http://terrisnotebook.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/pattern-testing/
Thank you for letting me contribute!

Katie Fleming said...

They all look great! I love the color choices and modern feel to them!

- Katie Fleming

Unknown said...

They all look awsome! But my favourite is the second one from the top.

Have a lovely week!

Katherine said...

Oh, it's so much fun to see the different versions! The designs you and Cheryl created make it so easy to make something beautiful and provide the way to "make it yours".

Thanks so much for the pleasure of working with you behind the scenes and for the public thank-you. Here's to Sunday Morning Quilts!!!

Doris said...

It's been fun reading abut your process in putting out that book! Also, saw your name on the Gruber's August calendar--smiling at your success!

Anonymous said...

I love love love your book! I am hoping to start making Up Up and Away sometime soon. I have plenty of scraps to use for it :) Thanks for sharing all the pics. They are inspiring. The gumdrop pillows are a fun idea that I wouldn't have thought of! I love quilty eye candy!!

Anne Sutton said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful book. You had wonderful pattern testers and I loved reading about the quilts. I was on Amazon yesterday, saw your book and looked at the "inside" pictures. What should I see but a quilt out of my fabric! Wow! Thanks Amanda Jean!

Live a Colorful Life said...

It's fun to see what the pattern testers came up with. It must be extra fun for you to see your design interpreted by someone else. I'm volunteering right now to test for your next book. There WILL be a "next", right??

Claire Jain said...

Alternate versions are great! Especially for peeps like me who have trouble envisioning patterns in different colors ;-) Thanks for sharing the work of your testers! FUN!

Ania said...

I like the first and the third one (I mean the most! They're all great).

Clair said...

Fun to see the different colors people used for quilts.

Mama Pea said...

Great pattern testers!!