Monday, December 04, 2006

more snow and more trees

It's been snowing like this most of the day. Isn't it so pretty? It's the perfect snow....tons of huge flakes falling from the sky....all day long! (This photo is just for you, Clair...hope you get some snow in LP soon.) It's great crafting and baking weather. It has taken 4 days of snow to get me started on Christmas decorating. (That's just wrong, I know!) I spent most of the day intending to decorate, but I had to do some baking first. I am having a little birthday brunch for my neighbor T tomorrow, so I did some of the preparation for that this morning.
These peace letters were given to me by some good friends of mine for Christmas a few years back. I love them. Since I don't have a mantle, I use the top of my bookshelves. It's perfect...the kids can't remotely reach them! So that's my start on decorating. Pathetic, I know. Oh, I did hang up a few paper snowflakes in a few of the windows, too. Still pathetic.
My WIP for the day. More soft trees. I had these sitting on the counter and my funny hubby named this photo "deforestation". Isn't that great? He is sweet and he makes me laugh. I am so thankful for him.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Hi Amanda - Love your peace candle holders. I have the same set on top of my china cabinet. It amazes me the stuff B can do. There are always the first thing I put out when I decorate for Christmas. I also have a million of the soft trees around the house. I love them! I'll have to share those pictures too someday.