Friday, February 02, 2018

finish it up Friday, 2-2-18

Welcome to finish it up Friday!
This week I finished my business taxes, which is probably the happiest finish of the whole entire year!!!! (Can I hear a "you betcha"?) That means that I've had very little time for sewing, which really stinks, but it's got to get better soon. (That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.) I worked on my log cabin blocks for a little bit last Saturday and I have 70/132 blocks complete, which feels AMAZING! I'm going to try to push through and get them all made instead of putting this project back in hibernation. We shall see...  (Measurements for the log cabin blocks can be found here.)
Yesterday morning I finished up this cheery dishtowel (tutorial here) in a few minutes. I had the patchwork strip mostly finished....I just had to add one more block to the strip and then assemble it. (More "cleaning up the slow way"!) Making one dishtowel at a time sure beats making 14 at a time, like I did here. For this version, I used 2" x 2 1/2" rectangles and then I pressed the patchwork down 1/2", so the patchwork is smaller (and cuter). You can use any size pieces you'd like, which is part of the fun! This is scrap project #196.

That's it for me this week! Please link up your finishes. Thank you, as always, for joining me for finish it up Friday! Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

That is a huge Finish to do those taxes!!! I am accountant and am still procrastinating finishing those up :) Way to go!!! And I am so loving those log cabin blocks, so bright and happy!!!

Alison V. said...

Yay for finishing the taxes! I love all the happy greens that you used for your dishtowel. :)

grammajudyb said...

Uugh...tax time! But your log cabin blocks are so cheery and I like them a lot. Thanks for the reminder about the dishtowel embellishment. I liked the idea in the original post but still have not done it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

It took me an entire week to finish visiting the links from last week... and then I realized it was Friday, again!!!

Mari said...

Beautiful log cabin blocks! And the green on your towel makes me long for spring. . .happy weekend!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

The log cabins look amazing, I like them as they are because it makes a beautiful back drop! Wouldn't it be fabulous wallpaper? The tea towel is very pretty too!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Gotta do my taxes too! But mine are easy, just plug in a few figures and cross my fingers that the POTUS' tax reform throws some sheckles my way.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

The log cabin quilt is looking awesome; I love the kitchen towel; and congrats on the business taxes. Have all in a folder but haven't done anything with it yet. Ai ai ai...

Vicki in MN said...

Yes doing the book work for the taxes sucks!! I got my sales tax stuff done, now onto the income taxes.

beth s said...

Another amazing scrappy quilt! :)

Bernie Kringel said...

Ugh, taxes! I have all of my business expenses entered through October so I still have November and December to finish. Then on to the taxes. No fun at all. You must feel so good to have that checked off the list!

Vasudha said...

Thank you for the log cabin measurements and the dishtowels. Also a big, big thank you for the Friday linkup. I can spend hours clinking on the links, gathering new ideas and unending inspiration.

Charlotte M. said...

A finish is a finish and we all hate doing taxes, right? A question for you: Do you have any advice for quilting a queen size quilt on a home machine? I don't think I've done one quite this big before and I'm a little intimidated by it. I can't afford a long armer though.

Wendy said...

I'd love to know where you get your dishtowels. Wendy at wbclose@whidbey.com

Patty said...

I love that you are keeping track of your scrap projects - love that idea!

Katherine said...

Loving that scrappy log cabin quilt! So gorgeous, Amanda Jean!

Well done, you - what a lovely relief when taxes are complete. That calls for a bit of a celebration, I think. At least that's how I feel once I complete ours. ;o)

So good to pop by and get the uplift your pretty works always give! Thanks for continuing to inspire and motivate us with your beautiful creations, sweet friend!