Monday, November 28, 2016

denim scrappy goodness

The wonderful thing about having multiple projects going at once is that you can (almost always) find something to finish in a short time frame. We had company over for most of the holiday weekend, but I did find a few minutes to finish up this pillow cover anyway. It's made from denim and tiny scraps that I just couldn't bear to part with. I love how it turned out!!!!
I used an envelope backing, so the cover is removable and washable. Envelope backings are so easy! I like to make my own pillow forms so that they are filled to my liking. I might be a little particular about my pillows. Hahaha! The pillow cover and the pillow form are both about 24" square. This is scrap project #187!

(The backing is good neighbors fabric, which happens to be on sale! :))
I had a few leftovers after making the pillow top, so I turned them into a thread catcher! It was better than throwing the leftovers away, or finding a place to store them. This is scrap project #188!  

I do love a good two-for-one project, don't you?

Happy Monday to you!

12 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that you used denim in your Scrap Pillow AND used the leftovers, as well. Two AWESOME projects!!!

Melissa Corry said...

I love them both!!! And how fun to add denim to your project ;) I just love those happy rainbows of color ;)

Ariane said...

These are such cute projects! Love them both.

Unknown said...

Your strips of color are delicious! It looks like a good leader/ender project!

Little Quiltsong said...

Oh wow - you are a master of turning your scraps into gorgeous projects. Love your pillow and thread catcher!

ChezVies said...

This is so cool!! Love those pillow and thread catcher, though I maybe use it to organize my lotion tubes on the dressing table :D

Aimee said...

Thank you so much for your blog! I love that you use so many scraps for projects and I especially like that you don't have too many sponsored and affiliated posts. I have unfollowed several blogs recently and I'm taking an Instagram break as well. I just got overwhelmed and uninspired by constantly being a target audience for people to push products. You have a very nice balance on your blog, which I really appreciate.

Siddis back home said...

Love your projects!

Suzanne said...

Those are so cute! maybe the thread catcher and the pillow could go together as a gift. You could toss jewelry and trinkets in the bag before laying your head down.

Sharon said...

You're so clever with your scraps! Both projects are so cute, and a two-fer is the best!

Nicole said...

Love this! The denim makes the colours seem so much more vibrant.

Schulz Family said...

Wow I absolutely love it. So fantastic