Monday, March 21, 2016

tiny things blog hop

Good morning! Today I'm happy to be a stop on the Tiny Things Blog Hop!
I wasn't familiar with Susi's work (tiny toffee designs) before she contacted me and asked me to be a part of her blog hop, but after one glimpse of her work, I certainly wouldn't say no! Her work is amazing. And tiny. And oh-so-good!
I made a version of her mountain pattern. This little paper-pieced mountain range fits on 1'' hexagon! Seriously! I used scraps from my ticker tape scrap drawer (which I shared in my last post) and I even had to trim some of my scraps down. (Ha!) It's good to find a use for those small little pieces!
I turned my hexagon it into a pin cushion, of course! There was a fair amount of squealing when I made this. It was so. much. fun! And, while the pieces are tiny, the construction wasn't tricky, really. Paper piecing made it very manageable. I definitely plan to make more!
The dream big pattern collection includes 7 different paper pieced designs...each one as darling as the next. So, there you go! Another reason to save ALL of the scraps!

Oh, and speaking of that...this is scrap project # 130. It measures just under 3" square!!!

Happy Monday to you!

16 comments:

Susi said...

Thank you SO much Amanda Jean!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Those tiny quilts are so cute. Unfortunately I don't use pincushions as I have three cats and one "helps" me by pulling the pins out of things if I'm not careful. So pincusions are out of the question. I have to use those flat head pins.
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Cute pin cushion! Cute scissors, too. Where did you find those?

mumbird3 said...

so tiny and cute!

Kristen King said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! :)

Kristen King said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! :)

Little Black Cat Quilting said...

They're so tiny!! I love the idea of making something so small, such a perfect little touch of whimsy. :)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

That is very tiny...but oh so wonderful.

https://wednesdayscreationsstudio.wordpress.com/ said...

Love paper piecing - love hexagons - love tiny

Your pincushion(s) are delightful.

Love this blog hop idea - what fun!

And now I have a new blog to follow.

Thank you and stay inspired!

PJ Sheen said...

I love all your cute pincushions, but what do you do with them all??!! Are they for decoration or do you sell or gift them? Just wondered!

Mary Marcotte said...

Well, this little pincushion is just darling! I don't know that it will hold many pins, but not all of them have to hold lots of big ole quilt pins...dainty little applique pins need cushioning, too. And think about needles...keeping them separate seems so organized and they don't need huge space. Yes, I think I'm convinced--a small pincushion seems quite useful, indeed!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

That's one sweet and tiny hexie . . . right up your alley to use more scraps. Now you have an excuse to save even smaller pieces or at least make more scraps by only using tiny pieces from your current scraps.

Unknown said...

for the note cards, are the pieces doubled and seamed

Suzanne said...

Wow, YOU had to trim scraps. THAT says something about how tiny these are ;)

Mary Marcotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Turid said...

I so love the tiniest things in quilting. Beautiful.