Friday, May 17, 2013

mini high five

Welcome to finish it up Friday!
It's amazing that I even have a finish to share today. Earlier in the week I was restless. I started at least 4 new projects. I couldn't seem to settle into one particular project-but I did manage to start and finish this mini high five quilt. (The original high five quilt can be found in Sunday Morning Quilts.) It was fun to revisit this pattern. Like all quilts, it took a few unintended turns-mostly with the color selection and placement-and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out.
For the back I used this sweet Alexander Henry print that my friend Brianne shared with me. The stripey binding is something that my friend Terri designed herself and had printed by Spoonflower. She shared some with me last summer and this was the perfect project to use it on! I have limited supplies here at the house (not my complete stash), so the fact that this came together so beautifully feels like a bonus. I am so thankful for the generosity of my sewing friends! This mini makes me happy!

Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks for joining me for finish it up Friday!

20 comments:

alidiza said...

This is fabulous!!! I'm obsessed with that AH print, it goes with everything:-)

Lauren Deel said...

That is beautiful! The backing is wonderful - I'm going to have to get some!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

what great colors! I really love the backing/binding combo. :)

-Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Heather Pregger said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the stripy binding.

beth said...

Pretty mini.

Colleen said...

This is so cute. I'm am always amazed by how much you accomplish ! There hasn't been much - if any traffic, to my link-ups with you but I wanted to direct your attention to my quilt from last week because it is your pattern and I enjoyed making it so much ! Thanks for sharing so much with the rest of us !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90751648@N05/with/8725348975/#photo_8725348975

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a lovely finish!

Unknown said...

I'm amazed that you had a finish with all that you've got going on! I'm still plugging away with the quilting on my Baby Dreams quilt/hanging and have several other projects going too- my most recent is an owl panel for the front of a pillow and owl fabric for the back. I'm going to make a pillowcase-style cover for it. I wish I had gotten to see you more, but knew that you were very busy over at your house. I hope the move continue to go well!

Cari said...

I LOVE the colors in this! Makes me want a full sized one just like it.

Suzanne said...

Big High Five for the Finish! I've been restless this week too. Maybe it's in the air!

Lisa said...

Wow, I love that little quilt! That's my kind of project, the small things get done faster before I loose interest or start something new.

Terriaw said...

So happy to hear you were able to use the stripey print in such a fun way. I definitely need to order more of that. Fun project amidst all that you have going on these days.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

this is a great looking quilt. Sometimes it's really difficult to find time to sew. I get restless if I don't sew everyday.

Kim said...

adorable mini...how "big" is it?
Nicely done.

Happy Sewing through your move.

Sherry said...

Your mini is so pretty. I have no finish this week but have done a little block here and there. I really like the stripe for binding.

Deb said...

I love this mini. Each time I look at it I see something I didn't see before!

Judy said...

What great colors! Minis are fun to make and to display around the house.

Annalia said...

Oh, it's lovely and Springy!

Mama Pea said...

It's so pretty, Amanda Jean! I love it! And how cool to have that stripey binding from Terri! Just the right touch.

Carol E. said...

Do you still live in RF? We had hoped to have you come visit our guild, but our president got cancer, and most of our plans changed. Are you farther from the TC now? (reminder: I met you in GR last summer)