The pattern is from my one a day 9 patch quilt along that I did a few summers ago. (The links are on my sidebar.) Since my friend requested fall colors for the quilt, I used 2 jelly rolls of Kona cotton, in the dark and dusky color ways. I had a few leftover strips from the jelly rolls, but I made a few blocks from other solid fabrics from my stash, due to the color scheme. The sashing is bella solid, from Moda, which is completely lovely to work with. I'm not sure what color it is, though.
I quilted it with a simple grid on the diagonal in natural colored thread. I must be weird, because I enjoy that type of quilting...at least once in awhile. It only took me a few days to quilt it. I did a lot of praying for the couple while I was working on it. I love doing that if I have a specific recipient in mind when making a quilt.
I dug out all the brown scraps I could find for binding from my scrap bins. They are all the same color...I had plenty of pieces leftover from making my boys' star wars robes, among other projects. I had more than the usual amount of seams in the binding, but I didn't mind...it was nice not to have to buy additional fabric. This is one case where it's a good thing that I throw very little away!
The back was pieced from the stash. I had these colors set aside for a quilt top, (I had a pattern picked out and everything), but I was delighted to use them for the back instead. It's a lovely way to burn though 5+ yards of stash! And that's one less quilt on my list to make. Yay!
The quilt measures about 66" x 90". I made it a twin size so they could use it on the back of the couch or on a twin bed in their guest room. I finished it back in July, but I took photos and added the label on the morning of the wedding. I'm such a procrastinator sometimes! I'm glad this quilt is compete, that it's off to it's new home. I actually enjoyed working out of my normal color scheme and I'm pleased with how it came together.
Happy Monday to you!