I have been tagged on the weirdness game that is going around. (I absolutely love reading other people's lists....don't you?) I have been thinking on this for over 2 weeks to come up with my answers. Now that fact alone shocks me to my very core. I have banked on the fact that I am weird my whole life! Anyway, I've got to get this posted so I can start thinking about something else.
1. I have a hard time buying just one of anything, especially groceries. If one is good, two or more must be better.
2. I don't know if this qualifies as weird, but it is uncommon. My husband was my first and only boyfriend. (no, we didn't know each other in high school....we met when I was 20)
3. I sleep with my ear (the one that isn't on the pillow) plugged. I won't get into why. :)
4. I have a hard time using "nice" things....cute clothes for the kids, pretty note paper, nice soaps, pretty fabric, stampin' up paper, etc. I think I just want to save and heap and hoard. I am working on this-it drives ME crazy! What is the use of having the nice stuff if you don't use it?
5. Critical people scare me. Seriously. I don't have much of a filter (pretty much what you see is what you get with me) so I don't feel safe around these types of people.
6. This last one, I don't think that it is weird, but according to some people it is. I actually like doing the hand-finishing the binding on quilts....it is by far my favorite part of quilting. (This one is for you Amy!)
People that I am tagging: Linda, Clair, Di, Julieree, Anna Maria, Ashley, and Blair.
1. My husbands job that provides money to pay all the bills and allows me to stay at home with the little ones.
2. My son's school. He loves it, we love it.
3. My in home sewing job.
I can completely relate to #4. I have always been like that and it drives me crazy too. I seriously have a pencil from a trip we got to the Winnipeg zoo when I was about 10 that I have never sharpened because it was too nice. How sad! I'm working on it though, especially since I am running out of room to store all the "nice things"!! Thanks for sharing, you seem pretty normal to me :)
I think of you every time I start working on the binding of the quilts!! We all have to love different parts of it - it's what makes it fun :-) Do you believe that last night I actually dreamed about what my 6 weird things would be....it must of struck a cord with me!!! Hmmm... weird, I think!
I may not do the weirdness thing...though I like lists too. I think that I like books and paper more, though.
Okay, Amanda, I'll be the first one to say it "you're weird." The great thing about your weirdness is it is what makes you you and it's what makes people like me love you.
Just wait till you have a teenager in your house. Then you get to get called weird on a daily basis!
Love Ya Weirdo!
hahah, very cool!!!! and i would say my husband was the first real boyfriend i had too... the only guy that stuck around longer than a month (and guaranteed it!!) hehe... who wants to get their heart broken over and over before finding THE one???? thanks so much for sharing and i must add, those bibs are adorable!!!
Weird is a matter of perspective. I found another blog about quilts. It is tazziequilts.blogspot.com. The lady is from Australia.
I will make you feel a little less weird - your inability to not use "nice" things is definitely shared! I try to break this habit too. :)
Post a Comment