Friday, September 22, 2017

marmalade quilt top

Welcome to finish it up Friday! Boy, that came around fast, didn't it?
I pieced most of the blocks for this quilt at a retreat this past summer. A few weeks later, I assembled the blocks together. This week I added the borders on the right and the left, increasing the size just enough to make it a twin size quilt. Woohoo!
I used a much hoarded layer cake of Marmalade fabric from my stash...it's old, but it's so good! It was finally time to use it! (Fabric was designed by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.) Background fabric is Kona snow. The seams are all pressed open, which isn't my favorite method, but it will make quilting it easier at least!
The FREE pattern is called Cartwheels and you can find it here. You can see my first version made from Strawberry Fields fabric here, if you care to. I'm excited to get this one finished up!

Now, it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks, as always, for joining me for finish it up Friday!

14 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh that's so pretty - definitely worth breaking into precious stash for such a beauty!

Alison V. said...

This is so darling!

Melissa Corry said...

I have an old jelly roll of Sugar Pop all cut out into pieces to make this exact quilt from when you posted it on the Moda Bake Shop. Somehow it fell in the bottom of a drawer but this is making me want to pull it out and get it pieced up!!! Thanks for the inspiration ;)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The colors and motion in this quilt top are very soothing. I look forward to seeing how you quilt and bind it!

Teresa said...

Cute quilt. Fabrics are good for this quilt

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Absolutely beautiful! Time does seem to be speeding up!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your cartwheels quilt is adorable! Doesn't it feel great to turn something from your stash into something you can use and enjoy? How are you planning to quilt this one?

Rene' said...

It's nice to see these blocks again! Love the addition of the side borders.

chrisknits said...

What an apt name!! It had my head spinning just looking at it. Love the fabrics.

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

That is one very pretty quilt. Love it.

arabesque scissors said...

Another stunning make Amanda! Thanks for sharing xAli

Anne Dirks said...

I just love this quilt😍

Mary Marcotte said...

Amanda, these fabrics are beautiful--that closeup! You also chose a great pattern. This is going to be such fun to quilt. Be sure to post those pics, too. Really, stunning!

Karen said...

This is a very pretty fun quilt. Love the pattern.