Friday, October 21, 2016

a hat for my girl

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

This week I finished knitting a hat for my daughter. She was so excited for it. She asked me several days in a row if I had finished her hat yet. :) I love that it's a quick knit, and you only have to make one....unlike socks and hand warmers!
The weather was beautiful yesterday, and my kids were off school, so I grabbed my "real" camera and had fun taking photos of her in her brand new hat. I LOVE this style on her....it suits her so well. Charcoal gray and aqua are her current favorite colors.
The pattern is the tweedy cap, which is available for purchase here. I think I've made this pattern at least 5 times now. It's a good one! 
 
Winter is coming, like it or not, so I'm glad to have this finished!
 
Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for this week. Thank you for joining me for finish it up Friday!

18 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Cute hat! Love how it turned out.

bee said...

great color combo!

Leanne Parsons said...

The hat looks perfect on her! I wish I could knit :)

Di~ said...

Neat pictures! and great hat!

Rachel said...

Very pretty. The colors are great!

Bernie Kringel said...

Great choice of color and pattern. Happy Friday!

Live a Colorful Life said...

You're right--it suits her personality to a T.

Tami Von Zalez said...

You are multi-talented! I so love the grays in any form ...
Thank you again for hosting.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Beautiful hat, the colours are lovely! I really like the pictures you took too, I haven't used a proper camera for a long time!

Julie Bagamary said...

CUTE! The unique stripes are great!

Patty said...

Great hat!

Kat said...

That hat looks awesome! Love the detail with the blue.

KathyinMN said...

Super cute!

Suzanne said...

What a super color combo! The style looks lovely on her as well.

Judy said...

Amanda Jean - What a cute hat!

"...you only have to make one....unlike socks and hand warmers!" That is what the Magic Loop is for! ; >) I even use it for sleeves, so I don't have to worry about getting one sleeve longer than the other. Which would totally happen if I did them one at a time. Yup, I am tape-measure challenged.

Leanne - Take the time to go to the Local Yarn Shop and learn to knit. Once I had some personal instruction, the concepts all fell into place. I learned how to knit-n-purl on Saturday and by Wednesday I was doing cables with a little help from YouTube.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Really pretty hat. Don't you love it when they love what you make for them? Just makes it all worth while!

Linda said...

Love it! It won't be long before it will be a necessity here in MN

Goldogmom said...

I am a beginning knitter. I can knit but I struggle with keeping my stitches even. I know, practice, practice, practice!! Would you say this is a doable pattern for a beginner?