Friday, November 27, 2015

floor pouf

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

For something a little different today...I made a floor pouf for my home!
I actually bought a kit (which might be a first for me) from Modern Textiles. I fell in love with the floor poufs while they were still developing the pattern. It was a fun, practical project and I highly recommend it!
The pouf is filled with a combination of wool batting, (the old, old stuff that we would never put in quilts these days) along with some fabric scraps, batting scraps and a little bit of polyester fiberfill to the top to keep the top nicely rounded. There is an insane amount of filling in it!
I made sure to fill it quite densely, as recommended by the pattern, so it can be used as an ottoman or even a chair for a little person. My kids love it! This one was made using decorator fabric, but you KNOW that I'm already dreaming of making a scrappy version. :) 
 
It's so nice to have a BIG finish to share today!
 
I also wanted to give you a heads up...Craftsy is having their best sale of the year right now and it runs through Monday, 11/30/15. All classes are $19.99 or less, so if you had your eye on one, now is the time to purchase! I'm currently taking the class Basics of Digital Photography, which is fabulous. It's about time that I actually learn how to use my camera properly! On the quilting front, I'm taking Jacquie Gering's class Creative Quilting with Your Walking Foot, which is filled with great information. I've been watching both classes as I trim HST blocks and while I am chain piecing. It's so nice to be able to maximize my time and keep my mind occupied while I do those mundane quilting tasks. My class, Colorful Scrap Quilting is on sale, too! Craftsy classes never expire, so you can watch on your own timeline and re-visit the lessons as often as you like. That's a good thing! 
 
Now it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thanks for joining me for finish it up Friday! Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!

13 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh isn't it gorgeous! I love the fabric, somehow it looks to me like a giant pinecone- just the thing for vegging out on on a lovely lazy long weekend!

beth s said...

Great finish!! My kids would love it too.

Brooke said...

love it!

wish you all the best this holiday season!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Cut&Alter said...

What a lovely finish you have this week - I think my children would be fighting over it! I have all those three books on my bookshelf!

Sheri said...

I have lots of old holey jeans waiting to become part of a project. Wouldn't this pouf be great made with some scrappy jean fabric!

Mari said...

That looks like the perfect place to put your feet up while stitching some binding! Nice!

DeeDee said...

I absolutely love Jacquie's classes on quilting with your walking foot. The first one is fantastic, but the second one is freaking brilliant. I highly recommend it. Love your pouf!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Given all the scraps used as stuffing, does this clever pouf count as another scrap project? 😉

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

Love the floor pouf. I've always wanted to make one of those. And good to know about the Craftsy sale. :)

Dakotamom said...

Love the look and the fabric choice! That looks great! My nieces made a couple of these just recently when my family got together for our own little sewing retreat.
They turned out so cute and one of my nieces is actually just learning to sew!! Very fun and great pattern!

margaret said...

the pouf looks good and makes an excellent chair for visitors without taking up too much room

Anonymous said...

How fun - though I can envision my boys pushing each other off until someone gets hurt. And so it goes.


Live a Colorful Life said...

I have home dec fabric and just need the pattern--all of a sudden i'm having a crush on poufs and also always looking for things for little people to sit on--I'm sure this would be a huge hit!