Tuesday, February 25, 2014

quilting for a good cause

 "Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” -Mother Theresa


I've been thinking this over for the past few weeks and I shall procrastinate no more! :) I've decided to put 5 quilted pillow covers up for sale. The money will be donated to one of my favorite charitable organizations, Convoy of Hope. In a nutshell, their goal is to bring help and hope to those who are impoverished, hungry and hurting. They have feeding programs for kids in 11 countries and they are consistently one of the first organizations to respond to disasters around the world. They are doing great work!

The prices of the pillow covers are higher than if I were selling them to feed my own hungry children (hahaha!) but I believe that it's for such a great cause. I strongly believe that when we are blessed (and I have been blessed, so very much) that we are to bless others, not just be consumers of those blessings. Sometimes it's hard to know HOW to respond, but this has been on heart and mind for the past few weeks, so it's high time to follow through. :)

These pillow covers have not been used other than for display and photos. I have added fabric backings to the inside of each one so that they are safe to machine wash and dry. More details here.

Two more things! Thanks for all the birthday wishes for my sweet boy yesterday. He LOVES his sew together bag. AND...thanks for all of the comments on my daughter's quilt. Your kind comments are much appreciated by all!

Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday!
xo