Monday, January 19, 2009
here are the measurements i used for the whirlygiggle blocks.
the width is 5 3/4"
the height on the left side is 3 3/4"
the height on the right side is 2 3/4"
i made another template (the exact same size) and labeled it for use for the bottom. because sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. and i wanted to do as little stitch ripping as possible. it worked wonderfully until i got to the solids. i had to rip stitches to repair one block. not too bad.
the tutorial for construction is here. thanks michelle!
(i used my rotary cutter and my sewing machine for construction.)
after i constructed my blocks, i needed to do a little trimming, as you can see.
final blocks ended up at 11".
the auction quilt top is almost done. yay!
the quilt in the previous post is something i am helping my friend Darcy make from my stash and scraps. (there is no pattern-it was all pieced improvisationally.) we started it last summer and now we just have the binding to go. i didn't whip it up over night. :)
i have had several questions about the next quilt along...it's coming...not sure when exactly, but i have the idea and a rough draft. I'm thinking it will be a baby size and will last about 4-5 weeks.
have a GREAT monday!