Friday, May 25, 2018

fast four patch quilt top

Welcome to finish it up Friday!

This week I have a simple 4 patch baby quilt top to share. I started it yesterday afternoon and I finished up the top this morning. It was a fun one to sew up!
The pattern is called fast four patch and it's in my friend Amy Smart's book Fabulously Fast Quilts. I was joking with a friend recently that I should actually sew something from my collection of books that I have on my bookshelf. This is a great start! It was fun to follow a pattern and to SKIP the math for once.
For this quilt, I started with the backing fabric, since it was THE perfect size for a quilt back, then I pulled fabrics for the front from my stash. I have NO shortage of aqua options, obviously. Hahaha!

The quilt top measures about 40" x 48". I LOVE how it turned out!
 
Another finish for this week.....as of yesterday at 3 pm, my kids are DONE with school for the year. I'm not sure I'm completely ready for the transition, but I am determined to enjoy as much of summer vacation with them as I can. They sure do grow up fast....
 
Now, it's your turn! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thank you, as always, for joining me for finish it up Friday! Have a great and SAFE weekend. xo
  

15 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

I just love red and aqua together. Beautifully done!

Mari said...

Lovely little top! Aqua and red look so good together, and if it only took two days it really was fast. Have a good weekend!

Bernie Kringel said...

Wonderful finish! I also love red and aqua together.
Your kiddos are out early? We have another two weeks here. Today my 17 year old goes to a water park for the day with her school (it is a tiny high school) It is cold and rainy outside which is weird for California in May. I guess they were going to be wet anyway?

Unknown said...

I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
Thanks for sharing the good information!
starbet login

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really love it when the backing informs the fabrics for the quilt top; what a beautiful fast finish!

Sandy said...

Love your color combination!

charlotte said...

A great idea to start with the backing fabric. I think it turned out lovely. We all have books we don't use nearly enough I think. I know I do.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Great colours, I feel like red and aqua deserves classic status! Sweet pattern!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Sometimes the simple ones are the best, especially if you're in a hurry!

Bonnie said...

This is a lovely quilt. How are you coming with the small four patch quilt coming? I believe the blocks were 21/2 inches.

Michellesayshi said...

I was just about to pin this quilt when I remembered one very similar... http://cluckclucksew.com/2017/08/my-4th-of-not-july-quilt.html
I loved hers and I love yours too! Blue and red make such a classic combo.

Little Quiltsong said...

This turned out beautifully!! Love how you used the Aqua for the big squares and red fabrics for the littler ones. So stunning!!

beth s said...

Beautiful quilt! Enjoy summertime with the kids!

KaHolly said...

Gorgeous! Perfect, even! Savor every single moment with your children. They gro up so fast!

Laura said...

Pretty! Simple four and nine patch blocks were my first quilty love and this is a beautiful example!