My intention with this project, besides making a quilt for Quilts of Valor, was to make a block a day for the month of January. Or, a block a day for 30 days, I should say. In reality, I ended up making 2-3 blocks every 2-3 days, which was perfectly fine by me. The work was still getting done!
Today, though, I realized I only had 5 blocks to make, so I made all 5, and proceeded to sew the whole thing together. Instead of going with a completely random layout, I chose to work in columns of color, then pop in a few random blocks here and there. I really like how it turned out!
For the fabric, I started with a bundle of American Made Brand Solids, then added a few prints for variety sake. The American Made Brand solids were nice to work with! Not too thick, not too thin...just right. For the block, I used the maverick star tutorial here. The quilt top measures about 60" x 72".
It feels good to be ahead of the game for once. Even if it is just my game and I'm the only one playing. :)