Friday, December 21, 2018

red and white trees!-a completed quilt

I finished my red and white trees! quilt last week. It took me a few days to get around to hanging it up, but I think it was worth the wait. I LOVE how it looks in my entryway!!! It's so nice to have a seasonal quilt hanging there and I'm thrilled that I was able to complete it BEFORE Christmas. Amazing.

(There is a free tutorial here for the snowflake pillow sitting on the fireplace.)
Most of the fabrics in the quilt are red and white dots, with the exception of the asterisk print, which is from my Emma and Myrtle line. Red polka dots were a natural choice for the back, and I used a little bit of red good neighbors fabric for the binding. The quilt was made 100% from my stash. That feels great! The quilt measures about 39" x 60 1/2". The trees! pattern can be found here or here.

I hope the last few days before Christmas aren't TOO hectic for you all....remember to breathe! Have a great weekend! Merry Christmas to you and yours! xoxox

23 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Merry Christmas!

Laura said...

Merry Christmas, Amanda Jean!

Jenny said...

You new quilt looks so nice and festive! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, I love that pattern. And it looks so pretty there. Merry Merry Christmas!!!

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

Lovely! Wishing you a very Merry Holiday!

Little Quiltsong said...

Very Festive! Looks beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Katherine said...

Yummy! A favourite design of yours and in my favourite colours! Shall I send you my new address? Lol!

Seriously, a wonderful finish and looks so beautiful hanging in your entryway.

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Xo

Snowcatcher said...

Very pepperminty looking! What a gorgeous quilt! Merry Christmas!

Leeanne said...

Merry Christmas to you also! What a fabulous cheery Christmas Tree quilt. Thank you for all your wonderful designs, I adore your books!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those trees look very festive. Congrats on your finish!!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It’s such a pretty and fun quilt! I agree it always feels good to make a quilt purely from stash.

Kay said...

This is a fabulous quilt, I am sure you will love getting it out every year. x

Melanie said...

Lovely new view! And Merry Christmas to you too.

Pamela said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Everything you make is so inspiring.

Sylvia said...

Lovely quilt! Merry Christmas!

Cathy Melancon said...

I love your tree pattern and need to make one of these quilts too! Yours is beautiful and looks perfect hanging there! Have a very Merry Christmas and all the best for you and yours in 2019!!

KaHolly said...

It looks amazing hanging in your entry! Merry Christmas!

Joy said...

Super cute and pretty!

Di~ said...

Great quilt, and Merry Christmas amazing on line friend! :)

Kristin said...

Merry Christmas!!! xoxoxox

hahaha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie Lou said...

Thank you for your blog and all that you share. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

...by CJ said...

Love the trees! The quilt on your sofa is very nice too. Is there a pattern for that one?
Happy New Year!